Chapter 19: Threshold

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

"Next time you're standing in front of me, I want to hear you say that you found who did this. I want you to find that bastard. No matter what you have to do." Jeongguk gritts his teeth, trying to calm himself. Daniel, Hoseok and Yugyeom nod.

It's the third day and Taehyung was still unconscious. Breathing soundly, heart rate normal but unconscious and Jeongguk was losing his mind. They haven't found who did this and the fact that it happened in the palace makes Jeongguk more furious on why he was failing to find the person.

Jeongguk barely ate, always by Taehyung's side, watching him laying on the bed, breathing softly and looking breathtaking still. The Alpha was on verge of falling apart because he never knew that not hearing Taehyung's voice or see him smile or to not be able to touch him will effect him this badly.

The Queen and king kept apologising to Yoongi and Jimin for not being able to take care of their brother. Seokjin had came to the palace too and Taehyung's mother, well the Alpha queen was furious. And why shouldn't she be, seeing her son unconscious when she arrived. And to mention the wedding was just three days later.

"If it's that obvious, your ministry should be perished by now." Yoona exclaims and silence fills the court room. All the royals were present in the room along with the three royal guards.

"Haethon's ministry holds power your majesty, we can't risk to let them off of this rank without having solid proof." Namjoon answers.

"The king has all the authority. The ruler can do anything and in front of him, the ministry and consulate or even me, are nothing. He holds the power and can use it anytime." Yoona utters.

"Yoona-ssi, we sincerely apologise for not being able to protect-----".

"I'll be really grateful of you if you catch whoever did this. And Taehyung doesn't need anyone else to take care of him, he has me and his brothers." Yoona utters and looks at Jeongguk who couldn't hold Yoona's strong gaze.

"Your majesty please, don't say that. Taehyung is our responsibility. We will take care of him." Namjoon says.

"I can clearly see how safe my son is in the place where he's being married and has to spend his whole life." Yoona snaps and Namjoon bows his head.

"Mother, please. It was unexpected. No one could've imagined it would happen." Seokjin says and Yoona glares at him.

"Queen Yoona, we will do anything to find out who is behind this all and Taehyung is really safe with us, we will do anything for you to be sure of it as well." The king speaks.

"Yes Yoona, please understand." Jihyun softly says.

"I'll be the first one to talk to Taehyung when he wakes up." Yoona says and everyone agree, except for one but no one has to know that.

"Maybe this wasn't Sehyun's best of decision." Yoona says and Jeongguk's blood runs cold. If Yoona steps away from the marriage's matter, there is nothing anyone can do. She rules Mariana now, her decision matters the most.

Yoona leaves the court room, leaving everyone on shock.

"Don't worry, she won't cancel the wedding. She loves Taehyung a lot so it's normal for her to react like this."

Just make sure it's you who talks to Taehyung first. Yoongi links Jeongguk and walks out of the court room along with Jimin.

"After the wedding, I'll kill Lee myself." The king growls.

"I just don't want anything to go wrong at the wedding."