23. Genetically Found

Start from the beginning

The plaster behind me breaks, and pain entered me again. I cried out on impact, then a grunt as I hit the floor. I look up to see two people, a woman and man, dressed in light suits glaring at us. Sam is the only one still standing.

The agonizing pain came back, forcing me into a fetal position. It's all over. This time more so my back. I can barely feel the tears streaming down my face at the pain.

WHAT'S GOING ON! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME! My brain is screaming with alarms. Saying I'm hurt. Someone is nearby with a weapon. Someone has moved towards me.

It felt like it was going to explode. Pain and information overloading its core. I could feel every vibration on the floor, in the air, and even in the energy surrounding me.

A hand touching my shoulder made my arm shoot out at the person. They were suddenly off me like oil and water. I opened my eyes to see Sam laying on the floor across the room and all eyes on me. Kevin was screaming bloody murder about what was going on. My senses had come back with the contact.

"That makes sense," Castiel muttered. Meg smiled and a look of curiosity twinkled in her eyes. Dean looked at me angrily. Sam looked purely shocked.

Why are they staring at me?

I brought my hand back in towards my chest, my breathing off the charts. More tears fell down my face, I didn't know why, though. The memory of the pain still stung and it felt weird for it to be gone. How long was I like that?

"Melinda?" Sam's voice broke. His expression looked broken and sad.

"What makes sense, Cas," Dean growled at the angel. Castiel simply looked at him with a bouncy expression.

"I felt strange energy radiate off her when we first met. It's stronger now, now that her demonic genes have, to put it simply, turned on," he answered.

Demonic genes!?

"So, what? She's a demon?" Dean's hands were slightly shaking now, fury taking over them.

"Half demon," Meg answered, her mouth forming an open mouth smile. "That's why you stood up to me. Sure, you're scared of us, but that was before you got your head bashed in." How do you know that?! My face must've given away my thoughts because she answered with, "Cas told me everything."

"WHAT IS HAPPENING!?" Kevin screamed again.

It seemed like Dean had finally noticed the boy because he pointed at him with a shaky finger. "What is that?"

"Kevin Tran," I breathed, feeling my head spin. "He's in... advanced placement."

All went black.

~*~

"Her personality might be altered a bit. It happens to every demon. You think I was always this sarcastic?"

"Did she know?"

"I doubt it. You saw her, she was scared. Didn't know what was going on."

I groaned when I shifted. My whole body was sore from the pain I just went through. A cold hand placed itself on my arm. I flinched but didn't react, I didn't wanna throw anyone across the room like last time.

I opened my eyes to see Meg looking at me with worried eyes. My gaze shifted towards the floor to see legs under me. A hand stroked my hair when I realized who it was. My body shifted to look up with a smile. Sam was underneath me, holding my sore frame. When he smiled back, I could tell it was full of sorrow. He leaned down and kissed my forehead.