thirteen

"however."

"however?"

"you didn't tell me you were born a girl."

the tension in the room began to pile up. brown eyes locked together in what seemed like was about to be an argument. tony's face held no emotion except maybe the slight hurt that was in his eyes but what from?

the breath had been vacuumed out of peter's body, leaving no air to breathe. his head pounded from the inside out and his heart was beating a billion miles a minute. nothing was said between the two men until stark reached a tissue over to peter who hadn't realized he'd been slightly crying.

"peter?" tony asked sternly, waiting for an answer. peter nodded his head to show he was paying attention and wiped the tears off his face. he mustered up what air he could find and then let it out before speaking slowly. he tore his eyes away from tony and instead focused on fiddling his thumbs together.

"yeah. um. i'm transgender. i was um, i was born a girl." peter said uncertain of his words.

"for how long have you been a boy?"

"um? i knew i was trans about five years ago? yeah, yeah. five. um and then i um, told aunt may three? yeah three years ago."

"i see."

"how did you um, how did you find out?"

"well i was going through some old medical files and came across paige elise parker. at first i assumed you had a sister but then after more digging, i found your doctor had written down preffered name is peter benjamin parker. i have to say i've known for quite a while now. i haven't had the time to tell you i knew. i was honestly waiting for you to feel comfortable enough to tell me."

"wait so you don't care?"

"i can't say it bothers me, it's not like your personality is different just because you're trans or gay or whatever the hell. i don't care peter, you're a good fighter and a good person and your gender expression or sexual orientation doesn't change that."

"oh my god thank the fuck."

"did you think i would have like rejected you or something, peter?"

"honestly mister stark, yes i did."

"i may seem angry and pissed off all the time but i promise it's just because im in a constant state of stress. i'm not angry at you, i'm just still warming up to you."

"oh, i see."

"and i guess this is also a good time for me to tell you that with the passing of may, she left you in the custody of me. i'm technically your legal guardian now, along with steve. since you're only sixteen, you had to have some form of guardian."

"i couldn't have worded it better myself, tony." steve said as he walked through the door. peter felt a sense that he was cornered by the two men in an awkward atmosphere, yet peter felt gently comforted by the two of them. for a few short seconds, the only sound in the room was the petulant ticking of the clock on the wall behind tony.

"is that okay with you peter?" steve asked lightly, looking back to both tony and peter.

"um yeah, yeah of course! i don't have to you guys dad or anything right?"

"uh no. not unless you feel like it, but i'd rather just have you call us tony and steve but it's your call kid."

"i think tony and steve will do just fine."

"that works for us."

"okay, rad stuff i guess."

"you're welcome to go now peter unless you have anything else you want to talk about."

"um there were a few things actually that i haven't gotten the time to ask you about because i really don't like interrupting people when they're busy, my aunt may raised me to have respect for others and when it comes to you mister stark i gotta tell you i hold you at the highest respect. ever since you invited me out here i mean i felt on cloud nine, and intimidated i mean you are the most powerful man in new york and possibly the country."

"peter you're rambling."

"right, sorry, uh yeah, um so are you two like a thing?"

the two men exchanged glances that perplexed peter. he had known that there was a gal that hung around tony named piper, but he didn't know the relationship status of the two. the look on mister stark's face read as something along the lines of 'we-aren't-together-but-i-like-you-a-lot-please-date-me-but-i-have-to-act-straight' and the one on steve's face said 'i'm-head-over-heels-for-you-take-me-now'. peter could tell they had some sort of romance for each other.

"so?" peter said breaking the silent conversation they had between gazes.

"oh uh no?" steve answered.

"no?!" peter nearly shrieked.

"i mean, you can't tell anyone that is." rogers corrected him with a finger bop.

"yeah definitely can't tell anyone." tony added.

"no one."

"nada."

"what happened here stays here."

"not another soul."

"okay! okay! i get it i can't tell anyone about your gay romance!" peter finished the two going back and fourth with his loud voice.

"shhhhhh!" the two exclaimed in unison before laughing at each other with peter joined in. as the laughter died down, peter cleared his throat and collapsed in on himself, making himself to appear smaller.

"second thing-would it be okay with you guys if i got top surgery?" peter asked meekly.

"top surgery?" steve repeated, as if asking for an explanation.

"yeah, i mean, to get rid of whats up here." he gestured to his chest which was nearly completely flat at the moment due to the fantastic binder from bruce.

"oh of course!" tony answered, who looked at steve with a prompt nod.

"definitely."

"thanks guys, it really means a lot to me, and it would mean a lot to may too."

they all shared a smile, and the tension in the room had alleviated.

anyways thats what i've got for you guys for today! its more of a filler so i can move things along, i'm at a writers block if i'm honest so next update may not be for a while:(((( i love all of yall so much and i can't wait for far from home:D