eleven

the boys flew through the window at a rate of about 35 miles per hour, enough to nearly crack the floor as they fell.

"OLIVER ANGEL DAVIS MARQUEZ!" yelled a very pissed off woman's voice. oliver threw his head back and sighed, pulling off his mask and facing his mother who didn't even take notice to spiderman standing next to her vigilantee son.

"you're going to break the floors if you ain't careful!"

"i'm sorry mom." oliver replied with an exasperated sigh.

"and now you have explaining to do."

"i thought that would be the case." he mumbled under his breath before putting on an obviously fake smile and throwing his arm around peter. "mom! this is spiderman, aka, peter parker."

peter pulled his mask down and ruffled his hair that was already a mess, thanks to oliver.

"it's a pleasure to meet you peter, my name is mimi, my husband, roger, is around here somewhere and oliver's siblings, there's also a few other people who live here, but oliver here will introduce them to you." mimi explained going to the kitchen.

"thank you mrs. davis-marquez!" peter called after her.

"call me mimi!"

oliver smiled a nod at peter and then dragged him to his room of the large studio apartment. oliver dug through a drawer and pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a loose t-shirt for peter, tossing it to him. peter went to a corner of the room where he thought oliver wouldn't look, and respectfully he did not. the boys changed and left their suits under oliver's bed, sitting down on top of it.

"so-" oliver coughed, catching peter's attention.

"are you, disappointed?" peter stuttered gently, anxious of what oliver would say.

"no, absolutely not. part of me wanted for it to be you, i knew that day in the subway."

"yeah, me too."

"are you disappointed, i mean with me?"

"no, i knew it'd be you too, i longed for it to be you."

oliver let out a breath that he hadn't realized he had been holding and grinned, running his fingers through his hair. peter could hear buzzing from the side table where he had put his mask down and picked it up. he pulled it on his face to see a call coming through.

"peter? peter! answer this thing right now!"

tony? what does he want?

"tony?" peter replied confused, which made oliver giggle. so fucking adorable.

"yeah peter where the hell are you?!" tony inquired in an irritated tone.

"i'm um, at a friends house."

"with your suit?!"

"it's okay, this friend knows."

"you're in a dangerous part of town peter."

"i am not! i'm super safe right now, i promise."

"alright well, peter when you get home tonight tell friday to let me know, we need to have a chat."

"oh, okay mister stark."

"thanks peter, anyways, talk nicely to frozone."

"wait how did you-"

"bye!"

tony hung up the call leaving a dumbfounded peter parker to pull his mask off exasperated. talking to tony stark? alone? ugh, don't get peter wrong, he admires the brilliant tony stark, but something about him leaves peter uneasy and unwilling to talk to him. peter was lost in his thoughts only to be pulled out by the soft touch of a hand against his own. he whipped his head up to meet those dazzling eyes of oliver's.

"are you okay?" oliver asked softly.

"yeah, it's just mister stark makes me uneasy."

"ah."

"hey, um, as a hero vigilante to another, what can i do to convince you to come with me, to avengers i mean."

"peter, i'm just not ready."

"what is stopping you oliver? you have a gift, a wonderful one and you use it for wonderful things."

oliver. began twirling a large snowflake in between his fingers again, changing its shape every few seconds to be different than the one it had been before. every one of them with a different pattern that amazed the other boy.

"peter, i have to help keep up a family. i have siblings, aunts, uncles, my mom and dad. i have to stay here with them, if i'm away, then something bad will happen to them."

"but that's why we have the avengers to keep families out of harms way, to save the city, the state, the country, hell oliver i've probably helped save the damn world! there is such a mental reward that you get out of knowing that you can do more than just the districts of new york."

"peter, i want to, believe me, i want to but what if they don't accept me for my low income, nearly homeless family? or the fact that i'm gay? or that i struggle with my power? or that i'm too fucking insecure to be there!"

"they want to help you! bruce banner wants to help you! steve rogers wants to help you! we want to help you grow as a fighter, an accomplisher and a person. they want to help you learn to control your powers and better understand them."

"by what?! using me as a fucking science experiment, as much as i love science i don't want my life to resort to that!"

"they don't do too many experiments and i wouldn't even call them experiments. i did most of the stuff that i use, via the webs and the strength training. i've gotten a lot of my equipment from them, dude the suit that you have is rags and it doesn't help your gift."

oliver bit his lower lip and looked out the window lost in deep thought. if he went with peter, he would feel like more of a hero, more of a survivor, more secure in who he was and who he was becoming. maybe he could save the world too, like peter. god peter parker. it could help him get closer to peter; perfect, charming, kind hearted peter. oliver nodded his head off into the distance, before catching peter's eyes and nodding to him too.

"you'll come?!" peter cried with a smile.

"yeah...i'll come." oliver repeated with certainty.

"ahh! oliver thank you so so much, you won't regret it!"

"i sure hope not, but um, i want to talk to my family about it first so give me a day or two."

"absolutely, thank you so much oliver!" peter leaned over and kissed his cheek with excitement. both boy's breath hitched in their throats, catching glances with each other.

"so, um. if spiderman and freeze ray can kiss, can peter parker and oliver davis-marquez?" oliver asked with uncertainty. peter nodded quickly with a dorky smile before oliver leaned in and locked lips with peter parker.

and there was a spark.