Chapter 1

Gayoung read the article on her phone. He accepted it. She's really glad he did. It worked perfectly like she wanted. But a tear that falls down her cheek told another story. The story she wanted to forget.

============================

Five months ago.

"Hai....", Dohwan strolled to where Gayoung has been waiting. "Sorry I've just finished the shooting...", he smiled and sit in front of her.

Gayoung forced a smile. "It's fine..."

"Why didnt you order anything?"

Gayoung has been waiting at this restaurant for almost an hour and she just ordered a bottle of red wine. She needed alcohol to do this kind of conversation. "I am not really hungry..."

"Are you okay?", Dohwan hold her hand worriedly. But Gayoung pulled her hand away.

"Yeah...I am fine...it's just..."

"What's wrong?", when she called him at the set this morning, asked him to meet her here. At her favourite restaurant, he didnt think anything was wrong. But seeing how nervous Gayoung right now, he knew something happened.

"We...", Gayoung took a deep breath. "We...should break up..."

"What??"

"I cant do this anymore..."

"What the hell are you talking about?!", Dohwan cant believe what he just heard.

"I am sorry oppa...I...", okay Gayoung, you should be strong. She wont cry. She wont.

"Did you seriously want to breaking up with me?", Dohwan's starring at her. His brain trying to come up with a reason why she suddenly do this. They were fine this morning. Hell, she still sleep at his place last night.

"I am not ready for us to be serious...I am still too young...I need to finish my college..."

"What? It's not like I am asking you to marry me tomorrow....I'll wait...", he said to her that, he was serious with her a while ago. She seems didnt mind at that time.

"I dont want you to wait for me....", her voice started cracking. She was trying her best to keep a straight face.

Dohwan didnt say anything. He was just starring at her. Too much question in his head. Nothing made sense for him. "Tell me honestly...what the hell is actually going on???"

"I told you....I am not ready...having you wait for me feels like burden...I am sorry..."

Dohwan dropped his head. Feeling defeated. He wanted to become her strenght, not her burden. "Okay...", he finally said. "If that's what you want..."

"This is what I really wanted...", Gayoung smiled. Trying to channel her best acting skill. She's an actress. Lying is easy. She told herself.

They stay quite for awhile. Dont know what else to say. Busy wuth their own thought. Dohwan never thought that it will end this way. He always thinks Gayoung as his last one. But if that wont make her happy, what's the point to keep this up? "We're still friend arent we?", he asked hopefully. He just wanted her to be part of his life. The thought of not seeing her again or talking to her again was too much to bear.

"Yeah...sure oppa...", Gayoung smiled. Still putting on a mask.

"Good...", his voice stuck on his throat. The realizastion that she's no longer his girlfriend struck her light a storm on a sunny day.

"I should go now....I have another appointment...Bye oppa...", Gayoung got up and left.

"Bye....", Dohwan watched her back disappeared behind that entrance door. Part of him still hoped that this was some kind of prank. Hoped thst somehow Gayoung would turn back and yelled a surprise for him. He waited there for an hour before finally gave up and left.