But than it started getting worse and worse. For the first time in.....forever, actually, I feared for my life. More and more Urak were flooding in all around us, making it almost impossible to move, much less kill others.

I prayed to a higher force that we would make it out of here with our lives. As I kept killing Urak-Hai, I saw them rushing at the keep again.

The men inside were trying their best to seal up the gates again, but there was to many Urak-Hai outside forcing their way in.

Where in Middle-Earth is Legolas?
I thought to myself, having seen no sign of the Elf.

Than I heard someone above me shout my name. "Ryanne!" Oh. There he is.

I looked up and saw Legolas throw a rope over the edge of the top of the keep. I put my swords away and ran quickly towards it. I had to punch a few Urak-Hai and push them off the bridge, as I had put my weapons away.

As I got there, I grabbed it and started scaling the wall. He held the rope, so I wouldn't fall as I climbed. He reached out his hand as I got to the top, and he pulled me over the edge.

He threw the rope back down. "Aragorn!"

The Ranger heard him and he and Gimli ran over to the rope as well. Legolas pulled them up next to me, and we went back inside for Théoden.

~~~<<<~~~>>>~~~<<<~~~>>>~~

"The fortress is taken." Théoden said to us. "It is over." He sounded defeated and upset. I frowned. I hated how he acted so depressed about everything.

I took a step forward to him, but before I could take another one, Legolas grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him. "Let Aragorn." He whispered. I nodded, remembering how well Théoden responded to my outburst earlier.

"You said this keep would not fall if your men defended it! Your men are still defending it! Some have died defending it!" Aragorn than responded to the king angrily.

Before a response came, the doors behind us gave a loud crash and shuttered violently. I jumped, startled by the noise. I than realized that Legolas was still gently holding my arm.

But my blood still ran cold as ice. The Urak-Hai were trying to get. If they did, they would find all the women and children in the caves. They would either be taken prisoner or killed on sight.

Aragorn looked just as worried. He turned to Théoden. "Is there no way for the women and children to get out of the caves?" He said, voicing my thoughts. The king stayed silent. "Is there no other way?" Aragorn questioned again, raising his voice.

A guard to his left spoke up. "There is a pass through the mountains. But they won't make it. The Urak-Hai are too many!"
Aragorn looked at the guard seriously.

"Send word for the women and children to make for the mountain pass!" He told him. "And barricade the entrance!"

The guard nodded and hurriedly ran off. I looked at Théoden. This time, he seemed almost relieved that Aragorn was giving directions.

"So much death." The king said softly. "What can men do against so much reckless hate?" He was cut short by the doors being slammed into again.

I looked at them. The wood was cracking and splintering. They were going to in again. A few holes had been made in the doors as well.
Drawing an arrow, I aimed it at one of the holes that had a Urak's arm showing through.

As I released it, it drew back with a cry of anguish. Did they think we weren't going to shoot them?

"Ride out with me." Aragorn was saying to Théoden. "Ride out with me and meet them." He continued, talking about the rest of Sarumon's army.