Day 5: Where did that bruise come from?(Snarry)

Severus heard the doors to the Great Hall open, in stormed Harry Potter, his Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, late to the Welcome Feast. Well, he wasn't his, per-say, he was Hogwarts' DADA professor.

Severus was now Headmaster, which put him in charge of Hogwarts, so that means that Harry actually was his....he reasoned in his head.

Severus blinked a few times to clear that train of thought, it was getting ridiculous how often those thoughts were occurring.

Harry looked livid, Severus noticed as the young man made his way to the empty seat beside him. Severus raised an eyebrow at him, the younger man just shook his head and the Headmaster just nodded, he wasn't going to push it.

Harry sighed looking down at the table, feeling several sets of eyes on him. He quickly grabbed a bit of whatever was in front of him, not at all hungry, he ended up just pushing it around his plate.

Why did they have to fight tonight of all nights? Harry was going to be at Hogwarts several months before seeing Theo again. He sighed. They had been fighting a lot lately, he didn't want to hurt Theo no matter what he did to Harry. He'd taken it growing up, he could take it now, but keeping his magic under control was exhausting.

Harry was so lost in his own thoughts he didn't realize dinner had ended, and all the students had cleared out. He flinched violently when Severus touched his shoulder.

"Sorry, sorry! Yes?" he looked up panicked.

Severus frowned when Harry jumped "Apologies, Professor Potter. It was not my intention to startle you." He said slowly, taking his hand away immediately, if Harry didn't want to be touched then Severus wasn't going to touch the younger man. "I was trying to ask if you were alright, obviously....the answer to that is 'No'" He said in a bored tone.

Harry bristled, only to deflate, blowing out a breath slowly. "I'm fine Sev-Headmaster just a little bit lost in my thoughts, I suppose I should retire to my rooms and occlude my mind as you taught me."

After the war Harry had finished learning Occlumency and asked for none other than Severus Snape to teach him. He found it much easier without the horcrux inside him, in fact he was a natural Occlumens.

"Was there something you needed Headmaster? I apologize for being late, I suppose that's not the best start of the year, it won't happen again." He rushed out then chanced a look up at Snape.

Snape nodded, "No, I was merely checking on you." He admitted, "Go relax, and if you feel the need for company, I am sure you know the route to my quarters." A slight smirk breaking through his mask.

He and Harry had gotten close during Harry's lessons. He had become fond of the brat and quite enjoyed his company.

They would often meet in his chambers, never Harry's, multiple times a week, have a glass of Fire Whisky, just to talk, and maybe play some chess. Severus had grown quite attached to the young Professor.

Severus inclined his head to Harry before walking out of the Great Hall, robes billowing dramatically as usual.

Harry watched him leave the Great Hall then headed to his quarters, he had been settled in for a few weeks now but had chosen to stay with Theo until term started. He sat down on the settee and occluded his mind quickly intent on having a drink with Severus. He really enjoyed the man's company.

Everything was ready for his classes, he may have been a mess as a teenager but as an adult he was quite put together and meticulous to a certain degree.

He rose from the settee, leaving his rooms quickly, he followed the route that he knew all too well to Severus's quarters, and knocked waiting for admittance.