Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (Loki/Fem!Reader)

Loki didn't know why he had agreed to come with the other Avengers for a tour of Lincoln Center. Tony was sponsoring this year's production of a ballet called The Nutcracker, so he had been offered a tour of the theatre as well as a chance to meet a few of the ballet dancer's behind the production in return for is charity.

Loki didn't have anything against Midgardian culture, in fact, he found it fascinating. Some of their writers, composers, and artists were better than Asgard's most revered. William Shakespeare was one of his personal favorites, the English playwright was better with words then Loki could ever hope to be.

Thor nudges him, bringing Loki out of his daydreaming, "Brother, you should pay attention," he whispers, "This is fascinating."

Loki grumbles but turns his focus back to the man leading them through the backstage area, "These are some of the backgrounds we are going to be using for the ballet. Our best set designers have been working on them for a few weeks to make sure they turn out perfect." He nods to one of the women watching the painter's touch up what looked like a throne room.

The god of mischief sighs, he just wanted to watch the damn ballet, he didn't need to see all that went into it. He was glad that along with the tour, Tony had received a box for the entire week the ballet was in production. He knew the others would only come once, possibly aside from Natasha, who apparently had a background as a ballerina, which would allow him to enjoy the show alone at least 6 times if he wished.

"I'm going to take you back to the practice rooms now, where you'll meet some of our lead ballet dancers. I'm not sure what scene they're practicing at the moment, but..." He pauses for a second, listening to faint music coming from behind a closed door a few feet away from where the Avengers had stopped, "It sounds like Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, which means that our prima ballerina (Y/N) (Y/L/N) and one of our lead danseurs Anton Masson are practicing for tonight."

The man leads the group of superheroes towards the closed door, which he knocks on. The music stops and a few seconds later a man with dark hair and dark eyes opens the door. He was wearing a tight black shirt with lighter colored leggings and light colored ballet shoes. When he speaks, a distinctly Russian sounding accent accompanies his English, "Dylan! What are you doing here?" He looks past the man, who Loki now labeled as Dylan, to see the Avenger's standing behind him, "Oh, that is today?" The man smiles at all of them, "My name is Anton. Can I say what an honor it is to meet all of you?" He opens the door wider and calls back into the room, "(Y/N), we have company!"

Loki is the last in the room and the first thing that draws his attention is the stunningly beautiful woman with (Y/H/L), (Y/H/C) hair, who is in the center of the room on the hardwood floor in a tutu, taking off her pink pointe shoes. She looks up, smiling at all of the Avengers. When her (Y/E/C) eyes met Loki's, they widened slightly and Loki could almost swear he saw a faint blush on her cheeks. She blinks a few seconds later and resumes taking off her shoes. Once she finishes, she stands, smiling at all of them, "I'm the prima ballerina, (Y/N) (Y/L/N) and unless I'm mistaken, you must be the Avengers."

--

You knew the Avengers were coming to visit the theatre because of Tony Stark's massive donation, but you didn't know that Loki would be joining them. You knew it was stupid to have a massive crush on the god who had destroyed New York City less than a year ago, even though he had supposedly redeemed himself. But, could anyone really blame you? He was one of the most attractive men you had ever seen in your life.

You hoped that he hadn't noticed your falter when you saw he was here, but you doubted that he had missed it. He was the god of mischief and you would be surprised if he didn't have an excellent interpretation of body language.