Prologue: Present

A guardian stood before the corpses of a small army of Vex. With a glowing purple colored bow in hand the guardian stared them down. The battle the guardian had gone through was hard but well handled. The purple nebula like aura that emanated from the Vex corpses swirled while the electricity of the Vex corpses crackled.

"Naomi?" Asked the Guardian's ghost. The Guardian known as Naomi Lea looked over at her ghost and smiled under her helm.

"Can we go now?" Asked her ghost she named Raven. Raven had a black shell that matched a Raven.

"Sure." Said Naomi. Raven demetallizes followed by Naomi as they metalized in her ship. She pulled down her hood and removed her helmet which allowed her rusted blond color hair to fall out. She took a deep breath rubbing her tired brown eyes. She couldn't wait to go home.

"You alright Naomi?"

"Yeah, just can't wait to go home." She said.

"I can think of an Exo and a special someone, who are going to be very happy." Raven teased thinking of the Hunter Vanguard Cayde-6. Naomi rolls her eyes shaking her head. She and Cayde were like siblings. Ever since the Wall around the City had been completed, Cayde had become her older brother. Always defending her. He even would fight Shaxx if he had to. But thankfully he didn't have to. Shaxx had learned the hard way of what happens when you piss off a Night Stalker. It during a Crucible match him vs. her. He actually lost. Naomi was very fast and very light on her feet, being able to keep a speed that was almost impossible to hit. And as for that special someone, it was someone that Naomi swore to protect with her life.

"Let me know when we reach the tower." Naomi said cleaning her gun.

"Will do." Raven nodded taking control of the ship.

T—A few hours later—T

Naomi arrived at the tower by nightfall. She sighed landing in the plaza looking around. The tower was quiet, not a soul in sight, meaning everyone had gone to sleep. She walks to her house opening the door to find it dark. She sighs closing the door and turning on the lights to find her way around. She places her helmet on the stand next to the door and hangs her clock on the rack. She walked into her bedroom turning off the living room light to find her lover sound asleep in their shared bed. She took off her armor placing in on the chair by the door. She opened the dresser quietly not to wake her lover. She pulled out a white nightgown and threw it on. She then quietly walked over to her side of the bed and slid under the covers. When she got comfortable two arms wrap around her and pull her close.

"I was wondering when you were plaining on coming home." Said her lover.

"Sorry James." She said looking at the tired face of her lover, former Spartan Jameson Locke. He and his team the newly renamed Fire-Team Day Break had been with the Guardians for about 10 years now. It was still unknown how Locke and his team became guardians since they didn't die and get resurrected by a ghost after only Traveler knows how long. He smiled softly before kissing the back of her shoulder.

"I'm just glad your back." He said holding her close. She smiled kissing his lips as she snuggled into him. "I love you."

"I love you too." She said falling asleep feeling his grip tighten around her waist.

T—In the morning—T

Naomi woke the next day to Locke getting out of bed. She grabbed his hand signaling him to stay. She heard a sigh and felt his lips on her head. She opens her eyes and looks at him.

"A mission?" She asked.

"No, I have to meet with Zavala today." He said. "I'll be back soon." He promised.

"You better, or I am hunting you down." She said making him smile. He kissed her lips and got up.

Well now I am wide awake. She thought as she sat up stretching her arms and got out of bed.

"Are you doing anything?" He asked getting his armor ready.

"I was planning on being lazy and lounging around and if Holly and Olympia call, I might hang out with them." She explains shrugging. "Going to shower?" She asks with a sly smile.

"Want to join me?" He asks as she wraps her arms around his neck, he grabs her waist.

"If you let me. And don't mind being a few minutes later to your meeting." She said simply as he led her to the bathroom kissing her.

"I think I have a few minutes to spare." He purred as she giggles stripping off her nightgown.

T—A few minutes later—T

After a few minutes Locke and Naomi where drying off. Locke wasn't really expecting to have shower sex with her since she had been in the infinite forest killing Vex for a couple weeks or at least in their time steam. He didn't even think he would have woken her up when he got out of bed, believing she would be in a dead like sleep.

"Thanks for the shower." She said still a little frisky. Locke, now dressed in his Titan class armor, smiled quickly kissing her lips. "What time will you be home?"

"Around noon. Don't worry, I am not going on a mission any time soon." He reassured her. Naomi smiles letting him leave with a final kiss. She then sat on the couch reading a Guardian magazine. As she read the memories of the past ten years fill her head.