thirteen

Jessa

He was like the sun. He had people orbiting around him all of his life, some getting a little too close which resulted in a burning death while others kept far away, freezing. I, however, was that one lucky planet that lived in the perfect distance of him, feeling only his comfortable warmth.

After the shower, we laid in bed together in a peaceful and comforting silence. I wasn't expecting him to do what he did earlier, but god, I'm glad it happened. I never knew what true pleasure was until he had his tongue pressed against me, and I wanted nothing more than to repay the favor.

He never told me that he loved me back, though. And that fact was slowly starting to eat away at me piece by piece, for I knew nothing of his intentions. He wasn't predictable by any means, hell, he's rude one minute then the next he's as sweet as candy.

I know that we haven't known each other for that long, but the bond we had was something that I just couldn't ignore. I thought he could see it too, especially when he kissed me and trusted me enough to get completely naked in front of me, which I know is something he is extremely self conscious about. I didn't know why though. His body was skinny due to his obvious lack of food and his skin was torn and beat up, yes, but he was still so incredibly sexy.

His jawline was strong and sharp and his hair was a perfect chocolate brown that seemed to turn black when it got wet. His eyes were dark, too. Almost like a hickory as rich as the earths soil; stained with the color of hot chocolate on a cold evening that wraps around you like a blanket.

I pushed a piece of fallen hair out of his face and watched as his mouth grew into a dimpled smile that made me melt every time.

"Good morning." I whispered and traced my fingertips down his chest, being careful as I passed the cuts and what looked like cigarette burns. I wanted to ask about that, but I couldn't bring myself to just yet.

"It's noon." J replied after turning to look at the time on my alarm clock.

"Yeah well, sneaking out at three a.m really tired you out." I joked, laughing as he rolled his eyes.

"I thought it was what was best for you, you know."

He was smiling, but I could tell he was serious. I know why he left; I know it was because he thought he was somehow holding me back or keeping me from my life that I thought was all figured out into now. Or maybe it was because he knew he had feelings for me and wanted to run from them?

"Fuck wait- it's noon, you should be at school." J said right before I began to lean in to kiss him. I sighed and watched as he sat up and ran a hand through his hair that was growing like weeds. 

"Its already noon, there's no point-"

"Jessa," He groaned, standing to his feet. "I'm not gonna be responsible for you not graduating. I'll be fine, go."

I know he was right, but the last thing I wanted to do was see Reece and all of my friends after what had happened. I knew that I was going to be bombarded with questions from Natalie, and knowing Reece I'm sure he'd still be pissed about the punch.

"It's Friday." I replied, biting my lip anxiously at the sudden realization that tomorrow was the start of the weekend which meant my parents would be home.