Nick Haynes

I still couldn't believe she was back. We broke up cause of the distance and we kept missing each other. We said it was best to break up.

And maybe after she was back we could go back like before. But Lana came into the picture, we were assigned for a project and one thing led to another and we kissed, from there things took a turn and we ended up dating. We've been together for about three months.

"I heard Serena is back, what are you gonna do?" My sister said. She loves Serena like a sister. Kayla is fifteen.

"Nothing I'm with Lana."

"You don't love her, and I will never like Lana, she's not Serena." She said before slamming the door.

Of course she's not, no one can compete with S. She's unique.

••••••

Days went by and it was finally Saturday. I decided to go for a walk, I needed some fresh air.

"Serena!" I turned to see Kayla.

"Oh my God, Kayla. You got so tall." I said while hugging her.

We went to sit on a bench.

"I missed you so much, I wish you were still with my brother." She sighed.

"I missed you too, and I miss your brother so much, the break up didn't hurt much there, it hurt me when I saw him with her." I sobbed.

"I see you still carry the locket he gave you."

"Yeah, but he didn't hold on to, I'll love you forever. Give this to him, we're no longer dating so I don't need this to remind me." I said while giving her the locket.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it hurts to see it." I said as she hugged me. Kayla is like a little sister to me.

After talking we went to grab some lunch and talked about everything and nothing. After that I went home.

NICK

I was in my room hanging out with Lana. Just then my door opened.

"Here, Serena sends you this." She said while handing me a locket.

"Hey, Kayla." Lana said to her. Kayla ignored it and left.

"Rude. And why is Serena sending you stuff, are you cheating on me?"

"No and Serena used to be my girlfriend. She's just angry, now drop it." I said before going to the bathroom.

"Mhmm, think I know how to bother Serena. Nick is mine and only mine." She said while taking the locket.

"Let's go grab dinner." I said while entering the room, she nodded and  followed me to the car.

As I was driving a flashback of us came back.

*Flashback*

I was driving Serena to this awesome Restaurant. 

"Ohh, we should give L.A. a little concert." She said so excited while putting a song.

"Are you ready, babe." She said with a sexy look. She drove me crazy.

"Let's do this, baby girl." I said and we started to sing very loud with the windows down. People looked at us like crazy, but we didn't care, we were in our own world.

"Thank you L.A. you've been absolutely amazing." She said while bowing. I just laughed. She was something else.

"Thank you for dealing with my craziness." She said before kissing my cheek.

"Always, baby girl." I smiled.

*End of flashback*

I smiled at those memories with S. She was perfect in everyway.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Nothing, I was in my own world." I said.

••••••

Monday morning came, I did my routine, grabbed breakfast and then made my way to school.

As I made my way to my locker I was stopped by Lana.

"So Serena, I hope you know Nick is mine. He doesn't love you anymore, I mean he gave me this locket." She said while showing me the locket he gave me.

"I don't believe he gave it to you." I said while trying not to cry.

"He did and he even put a picture of us kissing." She said while showing me the picture.

"See, it was easy for him to move on to something better." She smirked.

"Really? Because if that were to be the case, he would've bought you a new locket and not an old one, especially the one he gave to the love of his life." I turned to see Mia.

"Now this doesn't belong to you." She said while taking the locket from her neck.

"That hurt, you crazy bitch." She huffed.

"Now leave." I said, she stormed off.

"Why did you give this back to him?" She said.

"Because it hurts having it in my room, please give it back to him." I said before leaving.

"Oh Serena." She sighed.

Mia went to Nick's locker. "here, Serena sends this back to you and to stop giving it to lacy."

"It's Lana and I didn't give it to her." He said confused while grabbing the locket. 

"You don't love her, why are you still with Lara?"

"He loves me and it's Lana." She turned around only to be face to face with Lana.

"Don't really care, and he will never love you." Mia said before leaving.

"You love me right?"

"It takes time to love someone, but you and I will have a serious talk about the locket." He said before walking away from her.

•••••••

After school was over I went with Mia to Blaze's bakery.

"Hey, S and Mia." He said while waving at us.

"Hey, Blaze." We said in unison.

"The usual?"

"Yes." Mia replied. We went to take a seat and waited for our orders.

"So, are you ever gonna sit and have a real talk with Nick?"

"I don't know, all I want to do is grab him and kiss him like there's no tomorrow."

"What are you waiting for, go kiss him and let him know how you feel." She said.

"It's not easy, can we change the topic.  Like what's up with your love life?" I said.

We spent a few hours talking, turns out she was going out with this guy who is transgender. I thought that was cool.

After eating, I went home. Do we really need to talk? I didn't know what to do, he was clearly happy with Lana.