6. don't tell Fury

"Is she dead?"

The voice of a slightly worried Tony echoed throughout the jet. This was definitely not what  they expected.

"No, Tony. Her vitals show that she's injured, but it's not critical. She'll be knocked out for a while though" answered Bruce. He didn't have the necessary medical equipment to examine her, but he was making it work. He had let Nat wipe the dried blood off her face (he assumed that even though she was unconscious, she'd prefer someone of the same sex to do that), and was currently trying to examine her wrists. He picked up her right arm, eying the intricate pattern of bruising that ran up to her elbow.

Steve looked on from the side, trying to stop himself from asking too many questions. Earlier, Bruce had not-so-nicely asked him to leave him alone while he was working. She looked peaceful, her head tilted slightly to the side. He wondered over, crouching next to Bruce. "What caused it?" He whispered, still looking at the mystery girl.
"It could be a lot of things", he replied, "I'll have a better idea once we get back to the lab".

Steve nodded, removing himself from the equation to go sit back down.  He spent the rest of the short trip humming to himself, trying to figure out what on earth caused this.

"We're here" Tony sung out, almost too happy. He was giving orders to Bruce and the team, enjoying the fact nobody was telling him he couldn't actually do that.

"What do I do with her, Tony. She needs immediate medical assistance, should I get Cho?"

"Fix her up, then... then just tell me" he answered. "She could be dangerous. A spy, sent to infiltrate us. Who knows? Just tell me when she's clear and I'll call Fury"

"Tony, are you kidding? We can't tell Fury we picked up a stray, he'll kill us" Nat fired back. "I love the man, but this violates rules. We were supposed to tell him about this before we responded".

Tony argues with himself mentally, before answering. "Fine. Fix her up, and then when she actually wakes up we can interrogate her. Meet me in the briefing room when your done, Bruce, the rest of you can just clean up and meet me in 10". With that, the billionaire playboy philanthropist walked off, muttering something to JARVIS.

About 15 minutes later, Steve, Nat and Clint sat at the table in the briefing room, waiting for Tony to talk. He was currently flicking through some files on his desk, eyes dancing across the pages. "Right, sorry" he murmured, hurriedly closing the files. "We need to discuss the girl. Bruce will be in with some results, and we'll know more"

Almost like it was planned, Bruce walked in. He was panting a bit, most likely from having to run all the way from the lab. "Take it away, Doc", said Tony, who was gesturing at him to talk.

"Uh, well... it's quite interesting, actually. We haven't been able to identify her from her DNA or fingerprints, she's nowhere in the system; she doesn't exist. But, asides from that, she's got herself quite the few injuries. Hairline fractures up both her arms, it's painful to look at from the x-ray. Some of the fractures are so tiny, I almost didn't see her. Cho found some wounds on her stomach, they're incredibly well healed, but look quite new and I think-"

"Wounds, like what?" Steve piped up. He was curious as to who she was, especially if she's a nobody.

"Well, it appears to be bullet wounds. Two, straight through her stomach. I don't even know how she could survive that, to be honest. It's almost inhuman"

"So? What does that tell us" questioner Tony. He was a bit annoyed that they had gotten pretty much nowhere. "I can search security for her, CCTV and all that, if you think that would be worth it"

"Hang on," a confused Clint spoke, "what about the fractures. Where are they from? You don't get that from a building collapsing on you, surely"

"Well, I'm not sure. It's so delicate, I left it to Cho. She's more knowledgeable on that stuff" said Bruce.

At this point, nearly everyone was asking Bruce questions. They'd ask one, and then another, giving him no time to answer. He was considering just walking out, since the questions had now turned to arguments. Tony was bickering with Clint and Nat, and Steve was trying to shut them up.

"Bruce. She's awake" called a slightly exasperated Cho. Steve looked down, slightly embarrassed that she may have seen them arguing.

All five stood, following Cho down the hall. The girl had been kept in a small room, with no other furniture besides a small bed. There was also a one way window that allowed them to see her.

As Steve peered in, he could see her sit up in the bed, and look around.

Holy shit, she was gorgeous.

-
A/N: whew, what a bad chapter :( to be honest, it was just a filler, that's why it's so bad lmao. I hope you like it? I hate it but eh y'know. I'll probably update this later !! I'm also brainstorming for two other fics, so yeah ;)
-Loré xo