Chapter 26

Never Have I Ever Did That

I laid in bed in tears all night. I was an emotional train wreck. I probably hadn't moved an inch for the entire night. My eyes were wide open with tears but I never once blinked. My mind was not at ease.

Mom came home half an hour later yesterday evening with the look of terror on her face. She was really upset that dad would have the audacity to come visit. She actually called him up on the number he texted me from and gave him a piece of her mind.

I also told her what Lucas said and did and she was really disappointed with him. And although she knew what he said, she wanted us to work it out.

She really didn't get it. Lucas made me feel as though I was imposing on his life. As though I was some kind of attention seeking friend. His words were quite similar to Casey's and if he thought that I was someone who always needed attention then I really didn't want to be an inconvenience in his life.

Since Lucas, Casey and Sasha pointed out my 'need' for attention, maybe I really came across as that kind of person.

A hand smoothed my hair back from my face. "Honey, you have to go to school. I know you're a bit sad right now but exams are near and you can't afford to miss out on classes." Of course I wouldn't miss out on classes. I would not let Lucas ruin me completely. Yes, I was crying because he hurt me but that didn't mean I would stop my life from moving on. That wouldn't mean I would stop eating because I certainly won't. Food was life. Yes, I was cuddling up in my room all day. That was only because I simply didn't want to talk to anyone.

I nodded to mom as she helped me off the bed. "I'll go shower and be down in a few." I walked towards the bathroom quickly.

My feet hit the concreted pavements as I made my way to mom's car that was parked a few ways down the driveway. At the same moment, Lucas came strolling out and our eyes met. He really looked like shit. He had dark circles under his eyes and he looked tired. We stared at each other for a while and I was the first to look away.

I opened mom's car door then slid into the passenger seat. I clicked in my seat belt then folded my hands over my chest as I waited for mom. Lucas pulled out of his driveway and I watched as his car disappeared.

The driver's door opened and mom sat down and handed me a cup of coffee. I grasp onto it, muttering a soft thank you. The entire ride to school was silent. Mom made no move to stir up conversation and I was grateful. I really didn't feel like talking.

When we pulled up at the front of the school, I quickly got out of the car and made my way to the entrance. As I walked down the hallway, I spotted Lucas standing by his locker. He stopped whatever he was doing and started coming my way. His eyes were pleading at me but I wasn't about to listen to him. I didn't want his attention at the moment.

I turned on my heels and started walking the other direction. I never once looked back. By the start of lunch, the entire school knew Lucas and I wasn't on good terms. They didn't know the reason for our disregard towards each other but they knew as much that they would subtly ask me. It was seriously none of their business.

Rhen was by my side the entire day. She was quite upset when I told her about Lucas and I's argument. She obviously knew it was hitting me harder than it should and was there for me. Lucas however wasn't there for me that day.

I wouldn't have been upset if he was actually doing something important. But for him to lie upon arrival and feed me nonsense about his whereabouts was really nagging at my insides. He not only went on to tell me that I was a single attention seeking person but he also defended Casey when I was obviously giving him a hint of her personality.