Chapter 8. Naughty

Start bij het begin

"You left him with my mother? Are you completely fucking insane?" Aria crawled off the bed. Aria meant to go for the door, but she stumbled and fell into my arms.

"You're still weak, Aria—" I started.

"I don't care. Don't leave my child with that crazy—" Aria stopped and frowned. Her eyes fell to my lips, and she mashed her lips together and tilted her head.

It's like she is begging me to kiss her. How will I survive living with her without touching her? I cleared my throat and held Aria at a further distance. Having her chest against mine wasn't helping me focus.

Aria grimaced.

"Your mother isn't the same person she was a couple of years ago, Aria. You have forgiven Tammy at your own free will. You love your mother. The two of you have become quite close. It's one of the things that happened that you don't remember. Tammy has helped us a lot with Angel, so has my mother," I explained.

"Do I know your mother?" Aria murmured.

"Of course," I said. "You two get along great. You have plenty of time to spend with Angel. I'm going out to the waiting room. Tina will bring you out when you are ready."

"Fine," Aria huffed.

Tammy sat in the waiting room with Chad and Angel. Tammy bounced Angel on her lap and hushed Chad.

"Tammy, Aria agreed to stay at the mansion with me. Tina should be done shortly if you want to head out to the car." My tone stayed casual.

"Aria isn't happy that I am here, is she?" Tammy looked up at me with regret in her eyes. Tammy saw right through me, just as Aria always had.

"Don't feel bad. Aria doesn't remember me any more than she remembers forgiving you. Hopefully, it will come back to her," I said and sighed.

Tammy nodded in agreement. "I hope you are right."

I took Angel from Tammy, and Tammy left. Angel sat silently on my lap. Angel had behaved so well as a baby that I had to wonder what he would be like in his toddler or teen years.

Tina came into the waiting room and looked around. "Where is Tammy?" Tina knitted her eyebrows together.

"She went out to the vehicle to wait. Honestly, I figured if Aria didn't recall forgiving Tammy, maybe Tammy should keep her distance for now," I explained.

Tina looked like she wanted to argue, but she didn't. Tina pursed her lips and nodded. "That is probably better for now. Aria should be out shortly. I'm going to head out."

"I'll call you later," I said.

Tina left the waiting room.

Several moments later, Aria came into the waiting room. Aria waved a hand over her outfit and stared at me in confusion. "What is this?" Aria asked.

"Um, clothes?" I arched a brow.

"I feel overdressed," Aria said.

I snickered. "It's honestly one of the most basic outfits out of your closet."

Aria arched a brow. "Really?"

"Yes."

Aria shrugged, and she looked at Angel. Aria froze when her eyes locked with Angel's eyes.