Mirror Me (Book 1) Compendium

A

A

Alonso Martinez: Father of Hope and Laura, husband of Barbara. Dies in a car accident just days before Hope's 15th birthday.

Avernus: The world created by the God Brother, Plutus, for reasons to appease the jealousy of his brother gods. Lacking in its ability to sustain life, it became the suitable place for the dead, the underworld.

 Lacking in its ability to sustain life, it became the suitable place for the dead, the underworld

B

Barbara Martinez: Mother of Laura and Hope, daughter of Grandmother Maggie, wife of Alonso. Dislikes Spanish speaking in her household as it reminds her too much of her late husband.

Beatrice: Also known as the Witch of the Mist. From the barren desert she supposedly created the town of Tempestmist. She fills her mansion's rooms with mirrors to constantly stare at her reflection.

The Blight Box: A mirror-lined box created by Mirrorbender Pandora to hold the Half-Lives and end the blight. She was inspired by the box of legend gifted from the gods that once held all the wickedness of the universe. The box was sunk into the Hightide Sea where it resurfaced many years later. It was brought to King Brutus due to the belief that inside held the key to immortality. Now with the Half-Lives released, the empty box remains hidden for reasons unknown.

C

Princess/Queen Claudine: Ancient Princess of Vetra, then later Queen of Vetra and Tartarus, Wife of Mirrorbender Darius. She reportedly made the first known contact between Earth and Tartarus through the a pool in the castle gardens, thus, making her the first Glasswalker. She is mother of the triplet princes, Juprus, Neptus, and Plutus. Her along with her husband and subjects disappeared one day under mysterious circumstances in the castle of Silvershine.

Core Crystals: Enchanted stones of different variety and the essential tool of magic for non-sages. Core Crystals are typically found imbedded in WEAKs though they can be found in other items as well. The strength of one's magic is determined by the Core Crystal type they can accurately control. Some higher level Core Crystals can take on elemental properties and store more items within them. Core Crystals can only be enchanted by advanced Sages who are trained in the art of Alchemical, Elemental, and Enchantment Magic. If a core crystal is damaged, it disintegrates. The weapon held within vanishes to a place unknown. When the crystal disintegrates it releases the magic within in a large burst. Dependent on the strength of the magic, it has been known to remove limbs. The strongest core crystals are green in color though there is legend that blue ones do exist.