"you wouldn't have married me either way" she snaps

"So this is your idea of revenge? To get back at me?" 

she shakes her head "I wouldn't do that to him" 

"don't act like you care about him Katia" he says "drop the bullshit-" 

"I love him" says Katia suddenly, making Arthur just stare at her.

"you've got to be kidding me" he says then suddenly moves towards her. Without even thinking about it, Bell's hands shoot forwards and she grabs him hard. Katia steps back sharply.

"Arthur don't" says Bell

"why?" he snaps "she ruins his life, throws him in prison and then has the audacity to stand in front of me and tell me that she loves him?!-"

"I do" she says "this was not my idea, I had no say in this-"

"I don't care!"

Bell tightens her grip on him "just give her a chance to explain-"

"I'm not listening to anything she has to say!" he shouts then turns to Katia

"why don't you have sex with me and then accuse me of rape?" he asks "maybe Bell can be the witness this time"

Bell sighs. He's so difficult. 

"My family couldn't have come up with this on their own Arthur"

"what the hell are you talking about?" he snaps 

"Getting rid of Luke is a political move and its goal isn't to get me on the throne"

Arthur stares at her for a long time then he straightens up. Bell removes her hands from him. 

"it's meant to weaken me" 

Bell blinks at them both, at their indifference. Is she the only one who's comprehending the severity of what they're saying? Someone is conspiring against Arthur. 

"There's a serpent growing it's head in my court" he mutters, turning around and walking to the window. 

"and it just landed a blow" 

"who?"

"I don't know" she says "but there's a war coming your way and I don't want to be here when it does" 

Bell tenses. 

"there are always wars coming my way" 

"But this time you're gonna loose" she says bitterly "You're going to loose and I'm not gonna be here during the fallout"

Bell feels anger out of everything. She wants to shut her up. 

"then get the hell out of my castle" he says simply

"I'm planning on it" she says "but first I need money"

He laughs, turning around "are you out of your mind?"

"If I don't marry you, my family disowns me" she says "I'm left with nothing. Give me money and I'll be on my way" 

"so you're giving up" he says slowly 

"I know there's no hope for me now" she says "I'm not an idiot" 

He stares at her for a very long time. 

"I'll give you money if you promise not to go near him again"

Her eyes widen but otherwise stays completely silent. 

"If you were really in love with him, you'd say no" he says "but we both know what your answer is going to be so take the money and get the hell out of my sight"