TO BE KING

The castle is gorgeous

The castle is gorgeous. She's so overwhelmed. The place is crowded, filled with people wearing beautiful clothes and gowns with mesmerizing jewelry. Being on the nursing side of the castle made her forget the fact that she's in the castle. The main castle. Anybody who's anybody is here. Activists, politicians, knights, princesses, dukes and duchesses, count and countesses, earls. Of course the castle would be crowded with all these important people. They run the country. Everything comes from here, this is where it all starts. 

At the middle of all this chaos is one single coherent thought. 

This all belongs to Arthur. The King

"There we go" the man says, stopping at a large, beautiful set of doors made out of mahogany wood. He bangs on the door and waits until he hears "enter". 

He pushes open the heavy set of doors as he leads her inside. 

Saying its big would be an understatement. It's really big but Bell's eyes don't wander. She doesn't check out the room and instead, she focuses on Arthur sitting at a large desk with papers scattered all over. He's going through some. He looks up from a paper he's looking at when they come in. Bell's heart flutters for a second when his blue eyes fall on her. 

he casually looks back down and says "you can leave" 

"yes your highness" the man lowers his head then straightens up and walks out. 

He was bowing down. 

The door shuts behind him and they're left alone, in silence. 

she almost shifts on her feet, looking down at the ground. 

"how are your hands?" he asks casually, still looking at his papers

"they're fine your highness" she replies 

"I was thinking..." he says "I'm going to station you inside" 

Bell furrows her eyebrows, confused. 

"Inside?"

"In the castle" he replies "you're good with herbs. You'll be helpful here for the problems that need herbal remedies. Besides, we need a court physician" 

"I..."

"I've already informed the head of staff" he says "you'll have a room to yourself and you won't be worked as hard as you are worked right now. Also your salary will increase" 

she just stares at him. 

"that's...very generous..."

"I owe you my life" he says "or did you forget already" 

"but..." she almost says I'm not authorized but she doesn't. She doesn't need to be. She knows she can do it, she knows she's good.

It wouldn't be lying if you don't tell. Don't tell him.