Chapter Twenty Six

Nightwing and Batwoman head into the depths of the Batcave and towards Barbara at the the Batcomputer. They'd come straight back to the cave after they'd assured the Stark weapons were secure and out of bad guy hands.

"Show her" Dick tells Barbara who clicks away on the computer bringing up the files she has on Obadiah Stane.

"Bruce asked me to look into him when you and Stark were kidnapped" Barbara offers as Elena looks over the screens detailing Stane's. "Got one of his feelings from the man"

"I haven't met him" Elena offers.

"Bruce was right" Dick counters. "There is something about him that just sets off alarms in my head" Elena scans over the data.

"He approved all the shipments" she states.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind the kidnapping to begin with" Barbara offers looking to Elena.

"You have to tell Stark" Dick points out.

"I can't just tell him" Elena points out. "Stane is an important part of his life....he's not going to take my word for it....we need proof, real proof before I take this to him" she then leans up a smile on her lips.

"What?" Barbara asks.

"Those photos you showed me from yesterday" Elena starts, Barbara nods. "Send them to Miss Everhart at Vanity Fair, she's tenacious enough to stir the hornet's nest...."

"Meaning she'll go straight to Stark with them" Dick agrees. "And he'll see that his company are still supplying insurgents with weapons....and he'll start digging"

"Once he's close we'll swoop in with an anonymous tip off about everything Stane is doing" Elena adds. "Now excuse me....there's a charity event tonight I need an invite to, Stane will be there and I want to keep an eye on him" she turns and leaves pulling off her helmet and setting it aside before leaving the Batcave.

..........................

At the Disney Concert Hall a fire-truck is parked outside. Obadiah Stane poses for photos on the red carpet. The crowd is a mix of kingmakers, pols and Generals -- along with celebs and stars. Suddenly, all the cameras swing over to Tony, decked out, exiting his Audi R8. He sees a whitehaired man in a red smoking jacket, drowning between three hot Women. Tony slaps him on the back.

"Heff!" The man turns, it's not Hugh Hefner, but Stan Lee. "Sorry, thought you were someone else" Tony strides up to Obadiah, puts his arm around him and poses for photos.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were going to lay low" Obadiah asks Tony.

"It's time to start showing my face again"

"Let's just take it slow, okay. I got the board right where we want them"

"Great" Tony doesn't want to talk to them. "See ya inside" He smiles. "Lots to talk about" He heads inside.

......................

Inside a classy band and polite dancing Tony is at the bar, passing patrons whispering and flicking glances at him.

"Mr. Stark" He turns to find Phil Coulson -- all business. "Agent Coulson"

"Oh...was I supposed to meet you here?"

"No, but you haven't been returning my calls. This is serious, we need to get something on the books or I'll have to go official on you" Tony sees Elena coming down the stairs. She looks stunning in a one shoulder red chiffon sheath dress that's slit up along her thigh, her red shoes pushing her height up.