Chapter Two - Prefects

(oof this one is a bit long)

Since then, there were many moments that made the genuine hatred between you and Yoongi grow.

Like the time in second year where the two of you were studying with Jin and two first years, Namjoon and Hoseok in the Room of Requirement Jin had shown you. You had bumped your hand against a pot of ink, spilling it and covering Yoongi's Herbology essay. He'd been convinced that you'd done it on purpose, and you sassily explained that it was an accident. He scoffed in disbelief and gave of effortless wave of his wand and muttered a spell you didn't know. It tore your essay to shreds. Namjoon and Hoseok were silently wide-eyed, while Jin smacked Yoongi on the back of the head with a scold.

Or the moment in third year where he decided to loudly distract you in Care of Magical Creatures, which resulted in you scaring the hippogryff. The creature nearly attacked the students. And Hagrid had no choice but to give the two of you detention. You had to go to the Forbidden Forest to look for food for the new creatures you would be looking after. Yoongi, of course, didn't pass up the opportunity to tease you for being scared of the forest. Nor did he forget to tell the small group of friends we'd formed in common, including the two new boys, Jimin and Taehyung.

And don't forget the incident of fourth year. You were fed up with Yoongi's antics. So you casted a chant that turned his black hair bubblegum pink. It took two weeks to get the color out, and two weeks for Yoongi to think of the perfect revenge. During another group study, you had gotten up to get more ink. When you left the room, Yoongi whipped out his wand, and waved it in the direction of your cat, Muffin. As he whispered a quiet spell, the fur on Muffin turned the shade of green that decorated Yoongi's robes. Yoongi wore a smirk made of confidence as he saw your face, a mix of horror and disgust. He chuckled and remained calmly in his seat when Namjoon and Jin had to physically hold you back from pouncing and harming him. Poor Jungkook, a first year, could only sit back in shock. Of course the six other boys told him about the dislike between you and Yoongi, but this was the first time he has seen anything for himself.

Or the day in fifth year where Yoongi "accidentally" smashed the crystal ball you had to read his fortune from in Divination, earning you two detentions. One for breaking it and having to clean up, another for fighting the whole first detention and not getting anything done.

Luckily nothing big has happened this year. Then again, it's only October. As you, Jin, and Namjoon walked around the school grounds, Jin of course wouldn't stop bragging about his title of Head Boy.

"This is great. And with he two of you as prefects, Ah!" He said, throwing an arm around both of you dramatically. Namjoon rolled his eyes. You spotted Yoongi sitting on a bench beside Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung and Hoseok, the breeze blowing gently. You silently hoped the other boys wouldn't notice each other, but that was not the case.

"Jin hyung!" Jungkook yelled, waving his arms and attracting attention from the two boys beside you. The three of you walked to the bench, Yoongi only looking up when he heard your voice as you greeted the other boys.

"Gryffie." Yoongi said with a smirk.

"Snake."

"You do know I'm not actually a snake, right smart one?" Yoongi asked, rolling his eyes.

"You do know I have an actual name, right genius?" You retaliated, an Yoongi mocked your words in a high pitched snobby voice. The other six boys quickly tried to make conversation. They suggested a group study night in the Room of Requirement.

"Depends, is Gryffie gonna sabotage the papers?"

"Hm, are you gonna turn my cat ogre green?"

"Are you gonna BRING the stupid thing?"