Chapter Four - After Class

(some of the details about who's teaching at the school may be wrong, it's been a long time since I've read any of the books and I didn't get to the last book. pls don't attack me if something isn't perfectly correct ok thanks bye)

——————————————————–

Although Yoongi hadn't completely forgotten about your sass after the Quidditch match, things between the two of you cooled down fairly quickly compared to usual.

December brought light snow and frigid temperatures. You and Namjoon were walking the hallways, in search of the other boys. He had to ask if they were going to Hogsmeade this weekend, and although you were busy, you decided to join him in finding the boys anyways.

The only two left to ask were Yoongi and Jimin. When Namjoon finally found the two, he quickly walked to them with you.

"Are you two going to Hogsmeade this weekend?"

"Yep!" Jimin said excitedly before turning to Yoongi.

"Can't. I'll be at Slughorn's Christmas party." Yoongi said nonchalantly, and you let a groan out. You thought you'd actually be free of his presence from the party. Considering he was one of Slughirn's favorites for being at the top of ranks for potions like you, it wasn't too much of a shock that he was invited. The three boys turned to you in confusion.

"What, Gryffie? You'll miss me too much?"

"No, you dim wit. I'LL be at the party too." At this Yoongi grumbled, causing the other two boys to look at each other mischievously.

"Who are you guys bringing as your plus one?" Namjoon asked, and Jimin held back what seemed like a giggle.

"Not sure."

"Same here."

The boys nodded, and you and Namjoon headed back to the Gryffindor tower. When you entered through the painting's entrance, the golden yellow curtains were drawn back, and you sat in a deep red chair.

"Joon, do you want to go to Slughorn's party with me?" You offered casually, knowing Namjoon would like to go. According to Slughorn he would be inviting well known wizards, and you were sure Namjoon was dying to talk to them.

Instead, he shook his head.

"Only sixth years and up." He said with a shrug, and you sighed. Jin would be in Hogsmeade, so you couldn't offer going with him.

"Why don't you go with Yoongi hyung?" Namjoon said, and you laughed, thinking he was joking. When he didn't join your laughter and you realized he was serious, you pretended to gag.

"Ick, Namjoon! Why WOULD I?"

"Y/N, it's not good for any of us for you and him to dislike each other this much when we have the same friends."

[I]He had a point.

"It's bad enough he's even going." You grumbled, folding your arms over your chest.

"Well, you two are both the best in potions of your year. It's not a huge surprise. Who knows, you two might have fun if you forget to hate each other for a few hours." Namjoon explained, as you looked through the window to see small white snowflakes floating to the ground peacefully.

"Tell you what, if neither of us catch a date, I'll try to be nice to him at the party." You muttered, making Namjoon look up from his book in excitement.

"Man, you guys really want the snake and I to get along, don't you?"

"Yep! Honestly, I think you two could be great friends. You two actually have some thins in common, even if you can't see it."