Chapter Eight - Mildy Squishy - END

Y/N.

The beautiful cursive white ink popped out against the dark envelope, and despite the fact that white snow was still outside on the ground, the ink still caught your eye.

Feeling impatient, you ripped open the envelope as you walked back to the castle at a fast pace. You stuck the seal in your backpack, since it was cute.

Clue Two :

Good of you to join me,
I know this is something you should see.

Find the next clue where, although the rain patters,
The glass has still not shattered.

In the tallest tower of the castle,
For you, finding the next will be no hassle.

- S

You furrowed your brows. The tallest tower was the astronomy owner, but that was pretty much all you got from the clue. Astronomy was your first class, so hopefully you could find it if you were lucky.

Wondering who could be leading you through this scavenger hunt was a bit of a head scratcher. Namjoon seemed to be the most likely to do it out of fun, but he wouldn't have been able to keep it a secret.

You quickly made your way to the tower, and sat down as class began. You checked the telescope, and you swore you saw a smudge on the glass. You'd nearly wiped it away, before realizing it was a little doodle. In dark blue ink, a small drawing of a chair was scribbled above an upwards facing arrow. You glanced under the chair and saw nothing on the floor.

Curiously, you put your hand underneath the bottom of your chair, and touched around. You heard a small crinkle against your fingertips, and dipped down to carefully peel tape from the edges of the paper. After successfully obtaining the envelope and wiping the blue ink from your telescope, class soon ended. Being far too curious to wait any longer, you avoided bumping into students as you opened the clue.

Clue Three :

Find the next clue where no others see,
Tucked deep in the corner near Evergreen's.

Unlike those near it, it is not leather-bound,
But even so, by you it will be found.

Don't give up, or let the chances of finding the next clue sink,
I know you can do it. You just need to think.

- S

Again you wondered who could be writing it, who the heck was S? You thought of maybe Jisoo writing under the pseudonym S for the nickname you gave her a year or two back, 'Soo'.

With this clue, unfortunately you didn't have much luck. You looked high and low for two days, unable to find the next one. At the moment you were studying with Namjoon, Jin, and Hobi in the library, faces buried deep in books.

"Y/N, does your Defense Against the Dark Arts book have this?" Jin asked, pointing to a term that he had forgotten, but needed to know on the best test.

"Yes, Jin. Why?"

"Can I borrow your book?" Jin asked with hopeful eyes, and you dug through your bag. You must have forgotten it back in your room, because it wasn't in your bag at all.

"I'm sorry Jin, I think it's in my room." This earned a pout from Jin, and you sighed.

"There's probably copies in the isle over there." You said, cocking an eyebrow at the isle at the edge of the large library. Jin looked to you with pleading eyes, and you could tell her was non verbally asking you to get it. You sighed, standing up as Jin smiles cheekily.

Your feet thumped heavily with a tinge of annoyance as you looked for a year six Defense Against the Dark Arts textbook. After finally finding one in the  corner of the bottom shelf, you bent down to pick it up. The book seemed old and tattered, the label 'Defense Against The Dark Arts for Year Six : By J. Evergreen' was barely readable. The books were squished tightly together, and when you removed the book something fell into its place.