Chapter Six - "I Messed Up."

MILD LANGUAGE WARNING

( there's a bit of angst at the end? also anything with "~~" before and after it is a dream. )

YOONGI'S POV

~~You were cuddled up to Yoongi on his bed, humming a soft lullaby. Yoongi's arms tightened around you as he bent down to plant a kiss on your forehead. You looked up at him through your eyelashes, and Yoongi ran his fingers through your hair as you crawled onto him, holding yourself above him as you softly kissed him.~~

~~Yoongi cupped the sides of your face, smiling into the kiss. He flipped the two of you over gently, and he hovered above you as he continued to kiss you until you pulled away for breath.~~

~~"Yoongi, I lo-"~~

Yoongi awoke with a start, and shook his head harshly.

What on earth was happening to him?

Normally he could push away the recent chills that ran down his spine when you smiled, or the new invisible know that tied in his stomach when you were around. But now not only was he developing unwanted feelings, he was having dreams to match.

Yoongi groaned as he peeled the covers off and rubbed his eyes, wishing he could sleep longer. But it was a Monday, so he needed to get out of bed. Yoongi threw on his robes and shuffled to the Great Hall, rubbing his eyes yet again as he sat beside Jimin. Occasionally the eight of you would sit at the same table, but today you all sat at the table of your house.

"Good morning hyung!"

"Morning." Yoongi's morning voice was muffled by him taking a bite of pancake. He spotted you at the Gryffindor table beside Jin and Namjoon, and couldn't tear his gaze away despite Jimin brightly speaking to him as if he were listening. Unintentionally blocking out every other sight and sound in the Great Hall, the Slytherin appeared dazed as his eyes remained focused on you. Yoongi scowled.

Why did it have to be you?

"Hyung! Were you listening?" Jimin shook Yoongi's shoulder lightly, snapping him out of his trance.

"Uh, no, sorry." Yoongi answered sheepishly as Jimin repeated himself again.

"Are you going to tell any of us what happened at the party? Did you two kiss and make up?" Jimin made kissy faces, and Yoongi flicked Jimin's head, to which the younger only laughed.

"Not a lot happened." Yoongi said, trying to end Jimin's questioning before he blushed as he remembered how dry his mouth became when he pulled you close, or the way his heart beat so fast he went dizzy when you rested your head on his chest.

"Are you sure, hyung?" Jimin teased, lightly poking Yoongi's cheek as he saw you looking in Yoongi's direction.

"I'm sure, Jimin."

Y/N'S POV

You two hadn't spoken since the Christmas party nearly a week ago, and you decided to try to be nice to Yoongi in hopes of eventually making up after six years of hatred. It would take a while, but you were interested after Namjoon said you and Yoongi would make great friends if you stopped hating each other.

Today, you tried all day to be friendly to him. In potions, you tried several tactics to try and get on Yoongi's good side. You lent him your scales as he was in a pinch, asked him politely for help on a potion (which you definitely didn't need) and you even told him you hoped his day was going good.

Yoongi became irritated and confused by your actions, rather than friendly as you had hope.

"What do you want?" Yoongi snapped, which caught you a bit off guard.