Twenty-Seven: Making Moves in Mommy Shoes pt.2

Start from the beginning

Halfway through the game with Vince getting beat by MaCartier, Kim pulled Jazmine away.
"What's wrong?" Jazmine asked worried

"Dave's sister and daughter are outside!" Kim's eye bulged.

"What?!" Jazmine's did the same.

"Yes! They should be at the door by now." Kim said and the doorbell rang.

"Answer it." Jazmine pushed Kim.

"No, this your baby shower." Kim shook her head.

"I'm pregnant." Jazmine placed a hand on her hip.

"Fine. I guess I'll protect my baby momma." Kim walked to the door and Jazmine hid in the kitchen but within earshot to hear.

"Hi, did you RSVP for the baby shower?" Kim answered the door.

"Umm, no we actually didn't get an invitation. I saw it on social media and came. Could I talk to Jazmine by chance?"  Destiny twisted her lips to the side.

"Umm, let me see." Kim closed the door and went to Jazmine.

"Girl!" Kim whisper yelled.

"I have to go, Jaliyah is out there." Jazmine sighed.

Putting down the watermelon she wiped her hands and headed to the door.

Welcoming Destiny and Jaliyah in, Jaliyah kept her head down.

"Hey, long time no see. I'm sorry about everything that happened between you and my brother but, I don't want this to affect our friendship." Destiny hugged Jazmine.

"No problem. What's wrong Liyah?" Jazmine asked.

Jaliyah simply shrugged.

"You're not happy to see me?" Jazmine asked.

"Yes, but why did you leave me? You left me just like daddy and my other mommy." Jaliyah cried.

Jazmine brought her to her side and hugged her.

"Oh baby, I never left you. I'm always in your heart and a phone call away. Look, there are some kids outside playing, you wanna go out there and have fun? We can have cake and ice cream later." Jazmine smiled.

Jaliyah perked up and raced to the backyard.

Jazmine turned to Destiny and sat in one of the chairs around the house.

"So how long have you known I was pregnant?"

Destiny bit the side of her cheek, "Since Dave told me y'all broke up."

Jazmine shook her head and chuckled, "And all this time passed but now you want to show up?"

"I just thought-"

"You thought like a tongue behind an ass. Look, I'm in a good mood so I'mma let you stay for the sake of Jaliyah but you are no different from your damn brother. Damn, I can't catch a break with y'all family." Jazmine got up to go find Vince.