Chapter 16

Kendra's POV

    "Wake the fuck up you bitch! I am tired of waiting. Go take a shower and be ready for me in an hour." Ryker's voice was stern and I knew that he was going to take what he wanted. I sat up, as he left the room. There was a pile of fresh clothes and a towel sitting on the end of the bed. I have to make my escape now. I knocked on the bedroom door and Hunter opened it. He lead me to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I looked around and realized that there was a bigger window in here. I turned the shower on and let the water warm up. I knew I only had a little bit of time but if I could be quite enough I could get out. I jumped in the shower and quickly washed then got dressed. I left the shower running and slipped the window open. Just as I was about to push myself out the window Matto's voice came into my head.

"Kendra where are you beautiful?" I heard his sweet voice and I was completely floored. How in the hell?

"Matto?" I thought to myself. How could he be doing this?

"Listen to me. I will explain everything later, but right now I need you to stay calm. I am coming for you I am close." I didn't know how he was doing it but I immediately felt a sense of calm wash over me. I need to get out now. I pushed myself through the window just as I heard the bathroom door open.

"Damn it! Get her!" I heard Ryker's voice, as I took off running.

"I am escaping now Matto. I just made it out of the house, but I can hear Ryker." I kept running because I had no idea what Ryker would do if he caught me.

"Keep running Kendra. I am coming." His voice made me run faster all I wanted was to get back to him.

I couldn't hear Ryker's voice anymore, but I could still hear someone running behind me. I made a sharp turn to the left to try and confuse him, but it didn't work. He was close and I felt the panic filling my body. "Matto!" I thought just as I felt claws dig into my back and knock me down to the ground. I rolled over and saw Ryker in his wolf form standing over me. His eyes locked on me then he started to tear at my clothes with his claws. "Please Stop Ryker! You are hurting me." I cried out in pain as his claws dug into my skin. I could feel the blood trickling down my body and I thought for sure that he would kill me. He stopped clawing at me leaving my clothes almost completely torn off, leaving me fully exposed to him. I tried to back away from him, but he stopped me with his claw and pinned me down. He shifted back and yelled at me.

"I'll make you mine whether you want it or not." The look in his eyes made me realize what he was going to do and it made me sick. How could he even think of doing this to me it's not natural. I could feel my eyes grow bigger as he positioned himself over me ready to take my innocence from me. "Please don't do this Ryker." I cried out to him.

He grabbed my hair and was getting ready to have his way when I felt him get ripped from me. His hand pulled my hair with him pulling some out. I cried out in pain and felt the tears fill my eyes. Through blurred vision, I saw Matto in his wolf form standing in front of me. His eyes were focused on Ryker and Ryker who had shifted back to his wolf form, was focused on him. I knew they were talking to each other but I couldn't hear them now. I felt my body starting to give in to the loss of blood as my blurred vision became darker and darker. I hung on long enough to see Ryker run off and Matto shift back to his human form. I felt his arms around me as he lifted me up to his warm body and that was all I remember.

Two days later...

My eyes fluttered open and I started to panic. No one was with me that I could see and I thought that maybe Ryker had come back and got me. I tried to sit up and realized that I was hooked up to an IV and other medical equipment. It then dawned on me that I was in a hospital room. The low beep of the heart monitor and slow drip of the IV made me calm down a little. However, I still didn't know where Matto was and if he was ok. I looked around and didn't see anyone in my room. I started to panic again and reached out for the call button. I felt it in my hand when I felt I warm hand come over mine. I looked up and Matto was standing next to me. "Shhh shhh, it's ok Kendra. I am here and you are safe." His words were like music to my ears, as he stood there holding my hand. All the fear and panic melt away and I knew I was safe.