Chapter 13-Sorry Your Highness

Start from the beginning

Let us not complete that.

I picked a few. Trying to make him comfortable. I took so little that the bowl almost seemed untouched.

I walked behind a tree and ate. I did not realise how hungry I was until then. When I was done, I peeped behind the tree to find the Prince.

He sat on the log sharpening his cutlass. The bowl of fruit was not entirely empty. It still had two tangerines inside. At least that is what I could observe from this vantage point.

Then I heard my name.

"Aida"

I answered with a quick 'your Highness'

"I would take you to the palace. NOW"

I replied with a nod.

As appropriate of a handmaid.

When he stood up he went in to get something, I guess.

He emerged not to log after with his satchel and his cutlass in hand.

"Let's go"

I just followed behind. No conversation sparked. Just awkward silence.

"I am sorry" my big mouth.

He did not turn back. Wait, what was I expecting?

"It is okay, I learnt something though"

"Which is?"

"Aida," a short pause "you are a witch"

"Excuse me"

"Well that is the only logical explanation. You successfully made me work for you, you even manoeuvred your way and made me fall, and that is not adding the slap and the kick. The major thing is I am not angry with you. That all sums up to one thing"

"It may also mean I defend myself a lot"

"No, that does not explain the fact that I am not angry with you. Oh, I almost forgot, you made one meal for me and I liked it right away. You are witch"

My feet have become pinned to where I am. He then turns to me. His height giving him the upper hand.

"Aren't you?"

The conversation had become more casual. If anything, it almost seemed like he was teasing.

"Sorry to disappoint you. I am not a witch"

"Apology not accepted"

"Why?"

"Because when you apologize to a royal you should do so well. Like you are supposed to say something like 'I am sorry your highness'"

"Apology accepted" I smiled to him. We were beside each other now. I was at his left and him at my right hand.

"What do you mean 'apology accepted'?"

"You just apologized for calling me a witch and I accepted"

"No"

"Yes"

"If you say so. Your highness"

He said the last part, funnily.

We talked like that up until we arrived at the palace. I did not even notice we were there until Rigen said we should make a grand entrance. He said I should let him carry me for the heroic effect.

All I had to do was to remind him of the event back at the Hut.

I learnt a lot about him. His like and dislikes. I just did not grasp much about the attack on Ankra. I still need to send a message to my father.