4: The Widow

"Y-You're not going to r-reject me..?" Plum whispered, her big doe eyes gazing up at him innocently as her thick black lashes fanned her cheeks.

Gentle tears glided down her cheeks and soft words of plea leaving her quivering lips. He rubbed his thumb over her wet cheeks and he wrapped his arms around her body. They had gone to bed a little over an hour ago, learning more about each other.

All until Plum mumbled a question that made Maximus' heart sink.

"Never," he said and he cupped her silky cheeks, "but you need to tell me where this husband of yours lives."

Plum breathed out or maybe it was just a soft sob, she couldn't tell as her teeth bit into her lip, hard.

With trembling hands, she focussed her eyes on the hem of the bed linen.

"I-In my pack, near the border of the f-forest,"

"Sleep. I have business to tend too," he instructed, his mood souring at the thought of an older man having frivolous and lustful eyes towards Plum.

His legs slipped off of the bed sheets, and Plum nodded hesitantly as her eyes grew droopy.

A soft yawn left her lips as she dozed off to the sweet hum of birds in the nearby forest.

•••

He stabbed the fag into the ashtray and wiped his crimson coloured claws against his bare exposed chest. In the past hour, Maximus has forced a sinful soul to leave the Earth.

And he felt nothing; not even mercy for the man.

He was far beyond angry. Alexander Carmichael had proposed a sharing deal between Plum and the two men, presenting the idea that the dainty little girl would do anything for her mate even it was to satisfy another male.

Maximus plunged the knife into the soil and shifted into his splodged white and dirt brown coloured wolf, padding down the ground into the thick woods and crying out for his mate.

His claws dug into the Earth, moving fast and faster towards the intoxicating scent that was so addicting. He smelt his mate, even from half a mile away. His luscious bister toned tail grazed along the woodland floor, perking up at the arrival of his packs territory.

He felt his back pain and throb, before shifting into a tanned and broad-chested man that stood at six-foot-seven.

Maximus' lips thinned and his eyes shot towards his mate that was in slumber. Soft snores serenaded the bedroom, calming down his heart that beat wildly like a jackhammer.

He approached her with cautious steps, treading carefully against the wooden floors. His body shivered in the cool spring breeze as his exposed skin hued faint red.

He hesitated but proceeded to gently bend down and pressed a soft kiss against her lips that snuggled against the edge of the feathery pillow. She felt so soft and plush against his skin, he parted away and gazed at her lovingly.

A delicate yawn fanned over Maximus' skin as he kept a close proximity to her face. She stilled and shifted back a bit with a smile tugging on her lips and dimples pressed into her blushing cheeks.

"You s-smell funny..." Plum mumbled, gently folding her thumb and pointer against her nostrils and breathing out of her mouth.

Maximus chuckled softly, "I had work to do,"

Plum hesitantly nodded, reluctantly and automatically averting her eyes to his lower abdomen and a small yelp left her plush and juicy lips. She pressed her palms against her eyelids, seeing his thick manhood that she did not want to see just yet.

Plum rolled over and her face pressured into the cushion, her cheeks grew warmer and so did her embarrassment.

"You're my mate, little Plum. Do not worry," he assured her.

Plum shyly nodded with a bashful coating on her cheeks. Maximus gently rolled her shoulder over, confidently sitting with his pride and glory open for her to see.

"We are not w-wed," she mumbled politely, her voice like velvet as usual. Her fingers pressed small rounds against her eyes as she clutched her hands on her cheeks.

She did not want to see anything, even though he is her mate.

"You are already married. Does that mean you have done filth with Alexander?" his voice was raised and sounded clipped and cut.

"N-No," she whimpered and humbling tears leaked from her eyes. His voice was louder, and it frightened her. "I w-would only do s-such a thing with my mate and h-husband. Both t-together," she sobbed.

Maximus grunted and reluctantly stood up, his lips turned into a snarl in the process. He approached the bathroom door –and slammed it shut to resemble the darkened mood that loomed over him.

Marriage was not a thing Maximus stood for. He was not a religious man even though his mother insisted on him being one.

And like Hell his little mate, no matter how much he already loves her, would he get married and satisfy his mother with his despised beliefs.