I Want to be a Hero (Chp. 12)

~-~
"I ditched these threads SO long ago.." Blair says, looking down at herself.
"Dude.. HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED WE'RE IN BLACK AND WHITE?" I wave my arm frantically. Blair looks at me and immidiatly starts to snigger. "What?!" I glare and she pulls on my hair.
"Pigtails. Nice"
"Pigtails? I ..havent worn pigtails in years" I grab onto a pigtail.
"And a dress?" I look down and let out a grown.
"Oh dear god.. I havent worn this monstrosity since Hana first adopted me. I sigh. "Where are my clooothes?" I whine. I search my body "WHERE'S MY IPOD!?" I hyperventilate. I glance to Sora, Donald, and Goofy
"this is kinda like...uhmm.."
"Deja vu?" I huff angrily, storming up to Sora. My eye twitches and he stares in fear.
"Where. Is. My. Ipod!?" I hear Blair laughing from behind me.
"Dude-- If no sleep does this to you, please stay up EVERY night!" she wipes a tear away and I growl. I want my ipod..
"Hey!" I turn and see .. Pete!? Yeah--big bad cat boy! I see Pete approaching us. "You guys seen any bad guys around here?" Sora and I share a confused glance before we both point at him. "ME!? Why I outta.. whatever. I dont have time to waste on punks like you. He continues down a hill with a sign labeled PIER. Sora looks to Donald.
"Well...there's our villian." We start following Pete down the hill.
"Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaair" I whine "I want my ipod."
"Why?" I snort.
"This song is stuck in my head."
"What song?"
"Stephen."
"Steeeeeeepheeen~" Blair sings. I laugh before singing in reply.
"Why wont you call me?" She looks to me and we finish the next line together "Stephen. Why. Wont. You. Call. Me?" The steep hill comes to a stop and we reach level land down by the pier. I look around, seeing Pete standing on the dock. He turns and glares at us.
"What's up with you squirts? You got a bone to pick with me?" I laugh sarcastically.
"We've got quite a few!"
He puts up his fists angrily "Them's fighting words!"
"…Those are fighting words" Blair corrects him with a blank expression on her face. A boat whistle breaks through the air, and Pete starts heading towards the way we came. Donald, Goofy, and Sora block his way.
"Not so fast!" Sora smirks confidently. I feel my heart skip and turn my head away.
"What's this about?!" He shouts, and Sora and everyone else pounce on him. I watch as they fight him, having no trouble at all. Was something wrong? Were we just EXTRA strong today?
In the end, Pete was on the ground, panting and more angry than ever. "What's you punks' beef with me anyway? Hmm... Who are ya? You new around here?"
"cut the act!" A whistle cuts Sora off, And Pete stands up quickly, falling back over in pain.
"Something's wrong here.." I say, Donald nods.
"Are you sure you're Pete?" Goofy asks and Pete glares.
": Well, of COURSE I'm Pete. I'm the captain of the steamboat. So stop botherin' me, see?" He shakes his fist. "So hit the road! I gotta go find the little runt what stole my boat!" He stands up and Goofy turns to Donald and Sora.
"I'm starting to think we might've made a mistake!" Goofy whispers and Sora nods.
"Same here, he hasn't even summoned any heartless!" Goofy turns back to Pete.
"Sorry we attacked ya like that Cap'n Pete" Pete stands up again, a bit more slowly.
"Oh yeah? If you're really sorry then go find my steamboat!" Wow asshole, we just apologized for hitting you, move on.
"Go find mah steamboat" I mocked him quietly and Blair nudged me with her elbow.
"Yes sir!" My jaw drops.
"Are you kidding me!?" Pete's back cracks again and he groans in agony. As he falls over, Sora drags me up the hill.
"We just attacked an innocent person!" I glare at him.
"No, YOU just attacked an innocent person. I didn't do anything."
"You're still in the wrong" Damn.
"Touche." He releases my arm as we reach the top of the hill.
"I thought for sure Pete was the bad guy.." Sora says, lifting a hand to his chin. His clothes were odd to me. This whole world was odd to me. Everything was so…cartoonish.
"That would be too easy!" Donald says, attempting to figure this situation out.
"Let's go find that steamboat!" Goofy says, waving us towards the river.
"Hey!" I pout "We have a door to find, REMEMBER?" Blair sighs and looks around.
"To bad there's no doors around here.."
"What's this?" Sora approaches what looks to be a curtain just floating in mid air. This would be one of those time where my conscience goes 'Don't do it!!' but my brain's fried so im like :D wheeee~
"Pull the rope! Doo itttt" I try to make my voice sound demonic to exaggerate my excitement. Blair giggles as Sora pulls the curtain open.
"You're in a surprisingly good mood… Denial?" Blair whispers beside me and I smile at her.
"I don't know what you're talking about!~" You had to remind me..
"Yeah. Denial." I take a deep breath and wipe the smile from my face.
"Bite me." I turn my MENTAL ipod back up and quietly sing 'life of the party' to myself "Never shoulda told you that I fell in love, 'cause you turned me right around and threw me down and now I can't get up. You'll be sorry, just you wait and see, but let's get one thing straight-- You're gonna regret you left me." I look back to the curtain and see it revealed a window. There's a short scene of four small doors around the Cornerstone of Light, with a different pair of Heartless in front of each one. The doors open and the Heartless enter, another door bouncing in the background. I watch, eyes wide as we enter through the bouncing door just as the heartless leave. The scene ends as the curtains shut.
"What…was that?" Blair asks, an amazed look on her face.
"Heartless going out.." Goofy says.
"And us comin in!" Donald finishes. I put a hand on my chin while staring at the curtain before tugging on the string again. Nothing happens this time and Sora glances around.
"Look! It's the doors the heartless went through!" Blair nods.
"Maybe we should take care of those" She says as she starts towards the closest door.
"This is going to suck.." I mumble, shutting off my mental ipod and following the group through the doors to hell, my mood killed.
~-~-~-~-~
"Ughhhhh" I moan, dragging my legs as we exit the second-to-last door and approach the curtain covered window. "Legs have gone nummmb." I stare boredly as another video of pete plays. The video just shows pete entering the door we used to enter the Timeless River. Big whoop, so that just means he's here—didn't we already go over this?
"We should go check this out.." Sora waves up back towards the final door. I sigh before following him, seeing no other option. A giant burning building wobbled in front of us, and sirens wailed in the air.
"damn.." I grab my keyblade as two cars come racing towards me "This is about to get heated.."
"It already is" Blair pulls on her shirt jokingly before jumping into position behind me, attack position.
"Well then let's cool it do—whatever, I tried to sound cool—it's gone now."

~-~-~-~-~