Arc 3.1

The sun, which was high up in the sky when Marie first departed, was now slowly descending upon the tall, green pine trees.

The bright golden rays cast shadows amidst the thick forest along with speckles of visible dust floating along the soft breeze.

It was quiet, except for the occasional chirping of birds and the surroundings remained unmoved, save for the lone lithe figure nimbly making its way through with their dark red cloak covering their movements. Like a wandering spirit.

Marie had already been traveling for five hours and covered a lot of ground. He was ahead of schedule.

During those hours he had tried out the many weapons he had brought with him to get more used to them. Surprisingly, his aim was very accurate, probably due to the combined effect of the original's memories and the Master Swordsman Skill.

[System: Host just has really good aptitude~ #MyHostUnderestimatesHimselfSometimes #WhatToDo #HowToRaiseMyHost'sConfidence #Gasp #WillThisBeDetrimentalToMyHost? ]

Marie looked up to the sky, seeing it darken he decided to make camp soon. He didn't make a fire as that would alert others in the dark night, plus he had his cloak to keep himself warm. Using the original's memories, he foraged for some edible berries, nuts, and plants.

Unexpectedly, the original Marie is a pescatarian. He eats fish but won't eat the meat of other animals. He was a kind of black sheep in this society. Where good meat was a luxury and he could easily hunt for them, but he doesn't like killing animals. Which brings us to the main focal point that makes him the main character, besides his background.

The original Marie felt no hatred for werewolves, he only killed the ones that attacked him first. If they don't, he leaves them alone. He'd rather stay away, which made him more elusive and mysterious.

Marie thought, There's always a main plot task that essentially becomes a game changer, such as when I led Aiden to Princess Briar Rose, or when I took Snow White's place as the fairest in the last world. According to the history of this world and Marie's attitude, is the main goal "to dissolve the hatred between humans and werewolves"?

Just as Marie thought this a holographic screen appeared in front of him,

[Hidden Plot Task identified. Unite the humans and werewolves. +7000 points. Accept or Decline? ]

Marie was surprised by the sudden futuristic screen appearing out of thin air.

On the other hand, Jing was brimming with excitement. The little crystal orb was flying around and creating/throwing confetti.

[System: HostHostHost!!! ✯⸜(ّᶿ̷ധّᶿ̷)⸝✯ This is a Hidden Plot Task!╰(✧∇✧)╯ Host is great! All hail Host~!!! My host is the smartest! We are so lucky~!!!O(≧▽≦)O]

Marie: Jing, calm down.

He had to take a moment to clear his head because of Jing spamming his excitement to him.

"What's a Hidden Plot Task?" He asked.

[System: A Hidden Plot Task is exactly as the name entitles. It's when Host finds an unknown variable in the world and identifies it that a Hidden Plot Task is activated. Though they're very rare and the reason for that is because they give many bonuses! They reward more points and best of all, there are no penalties if you do not succeed! Host you must accept!!! ]

Hearing the benefits, how could Marie not take this cake that had fallen from the sky? So he accepted.

[Hidden Plot Task. Accepted. ]