Headphones

'Babe, come here.' Niall yells to you from the living room. You waddle your 5 month pregnant self in to him and sit exhausted on the couch.

'What is it now, Niall?"

You've been cleaning the house, and going about your normal activity. Your doctor told you it was important to keep active, but also to take breaks and not over exert yourself. You'd been cleaning the kitchen after one of Niall's barbeques you guys had thrown to reveal the gender of your baby to your friends.

He should be helping to clean, but you'd begged him to at least glance at one baby book before she arrived and he chose now of all times to do so.

'It says here, she should start to be able to hear around this week. Do ya think she can hear us?'

'Of course, Niall. She can hear everything we say and do. Soon enough she'll hear even better and will start to move around to it.' You told him. Wanting to finish at least the trash and dishes before bed, you got up and went back to the kitchen.

A half hour later, you went and told your husband you were tired and going to bed. You'd finish cleaning in the morning.

You trotted upstairs and into your master bathroom. You washed off your makeup, and then went to the closet to change into some pajama shorts and a tank top.

When Niall finally came upstairs, he was still reading his copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and an armful of items.

'Says here, you should be taking it easy, so I'm gonna call someone to clean the house in the morning. Also, you need to start playing music for her. I grabbed some headphones I brought home last week from the studio by accident you can put against your belly.'

'Niall, I'm really tired, I just want to go to sleep. We can do this in the morning.' You tell him.

'I know, I brought you some tea, and I'll just plug the headphones into your phone and put it on your belly for you and you won't even have to hear it.' He huffs out at you.

You sigh and roll over so your belly is in the center of the bed for him to have access to it. He kneels down next to you and stretches them over your belly before plugging the chorded end into your phone. He selects his favorite band 'The Eagles' and sets the music to shuffle.

'Okay baby girl, Daddy is gonna teach you all about good music. This is daddy's favorite band. When you come out and meet us, you can meet your Uncle Don and tell him what of his songs is your favorite, alright?'

'Seriously, Niall?' you roll your eyes at him.

He looks up at you shocked, 'Babe, I am in the music business. What kind of father would I be if I didn't teach our daughter about decent music? You know you're supposed to teach them early and she's gotta get used to hearing this.'

'Why don't you SING to her then, Mr. Music?' you poke him in the side.

'I want the first song she hears to be 'Desperado'. I'll sing to her later. She's gonna get tired of my voice.' He jokes at you.

'I am tired of your voice!' you yell at him.

'I'm gonna forgive you for that, cause I know you're tired and hormonal and you don't mean it.' Niall laughs as he slides up the bed and wraps his arms around you.

You accept defeat and fall asleep on his chest, him continually adjusting headphones and rubbing your belly.

'Momma's tired baby girl. She'll play you some music in the morning, alright?' he tells your daughter as he rubs your belly.

Niall turns off the music, and moves the headphones, much to the baby's dismay. If his hand hadn't been there, he'd have missed it. She starts kicking, starting you awake.

'Did you feel that, Niall?' you ask him, holding your hands together on your belly.

'I think she wants to hear more,' he says placing the headphones back on you,

'There you go, baby girl, music's back.' She kicks in response and starts moving around in your belly.

'You have GOT to be kidding me.'