37. The Official Reunion

"Lorenzo, do not throw that toy." Lily warns as we drive down the mountain road. I glance in the back and smile a little as she tries to wrestle him lightly for the toy.

Bella looks over from the passager seat. "You two get along amazingly considering the age difference."

Lily glances at her. "I always wanted a sibling. When he came I just knew he'd be a special part of our family." She smiles gently. In the hotel last night after our first flight landed in Seattle, Lil and I had a long talk about things we never had before. It was such a good feeling to bond with my daughter like I never had before, it's just a shame it was because my wife, her mom, left us.

"He's lucky to have you. I always wanted a brother or sister, then I got half a dozen." Bella teases a little. "This family is crazy, just a heads up."

"You haven't lived with 5 kids at once." Lily giggles small. "That's the most mum and ma had at once."

"Well your mom's are crazy." Bella smirks.

"Hey, when you have a child on your doorstep with pouty lips and wide eyes you cannot say no." I laugh. "It's like that stupid cat that wears boots."

Lily laughs. "Puss in Boots, mum."

"Yeah yeah." I wave her off and turn down the familiar driveway.

Lily sits up curiously as Bella watches me. "Ready?"

"Not particularly." I mutter and pull up, several figures making their way towards the house as several leave it. "Too late though."

She smiles small and jumps out. "Give them a minute, guys." She says to them gently walking to Edward.

I turn to Lily. "If you want, you don't have to say anything-"

"I'm a big girl, mum. Stop being a baby, let's go." She grins.

I smirk a little at her and climb out. Moments later I get bundled by someone, a blonde individual. "Jesus, Rose, I'm not even out of the car."

She doesn't say anything, she just holds me tightly. I relax against her for a moment and smile gently. "Alright, let me breathe dummy."

She pulls away and looks at me with wide eyes. "I can't believe you came back.."

"Well, tada." I smile and kiss her cheek. I get Lenzy out and he hides in me. I look at the others. "Cmon, I know you want to bombard me." I giggle.

I end up in several hugs, several different voices speaking. I smile once they're done and look at Lily as she leans on the car. "Cmon then miss confident."

She kicks off the car. "I'm Lily, the favourite child." She smiles.

Edward smiles, his arm around Bella. "Hi Lily. I'm-"

"You are Edward, the mind reader. You've helped my mum out of some sticky situations before. Your wife is Bella, a shield, your daughter is Ness, a hybrid who's engaged to a werewolf. You - you're Jasper, you got the creepy emotion control thing. You're Rosalie, mum's best friend and as good as a sister, and you're Emmett - mum calls you shrek. Then there's Esme, the 'mom everyone wants' and of course Carlisle. Hi." She smiles, mimicking my voice. She grins at the shocked immortals around her.

I smirk. "You just left a bunch of vampires speechless baby, good girl."

Lily giggles. "Learned from the best."

I smile. "This is Lorenzo - he's still not himself but once you get to know him, he's the brightest boy around." I kiss his head.

Esme smiles. "Come on inside, we have so much catching up to do."