3. The Sick

This morning has been a disaster in comparison to the week I've had, but I guess it's balanced. This week has been so easy while working with Alice. Everyday we stay after school, sometimes till gone 7 when the library is meant to close. But today I wake up at 3am and rush to the bathroom to throw up, only to find mom in there already with Reggie.

She moves Reggie aside as I throw up into the toilet, washing my mouth out after. Her hand moves to my forehead. "You too baby." She mutters.

"God dammit." I mutter as I sit down wiping my mouth; I lean my head on her shoulder as Reg shivers against mom. "Emmy couldn't keep this one to herself?"

Mom laughs gently. "It's going round town baby, dad's had it too, so has Ronnie."

"Why haven't you?"

"I'm supermom, I don't get sick." She kisses my head. "Take Regina to your room, keep her nice and cool even if she shivers. I'm gonna get you both some water and a sick bucket each."

I nod tiredly before grabbing Reg gently, carrying her to my bed with me. She cuddles into me despite having half a queen size bed to herself and I kiss her head, leaning back. I feel mom kiss our heads, whispering that the buckets and water are beside me. I know she has work so I mumble that I got this.

I end up sleeping through, only waking up when Reggie throws up. In the morning I have to get up as usual to sort Emerald and Ronnie, and make sure dad packs their lunches properly.

He kisses my head. "Sorry you have to get up baby, I'll call in school for you. You gonna be okay with Reg on your own?"

I nod as I hold my tummy leaning against the cold metal of the fridge. "Mm, we'll have a couch day." I whisper smiling tiredly.

He nods and goes to the livingroom to check on her; she's fast asleep curled under her blanket, snoring obnoxiously as she always has. I curl up beside her as dad drives away with the other two, heading to drop them off before he goes to the courthouse in Port Angeles. A lawyer and a nurse married, how cliche.

I put a movie on as Reggie cuddles into me, her hot body making me sweat even more. I sit in just my sports bra and leggings, trying to keep cool while she curls under the blanket adding yet more heat to us. I try not to disturb her as I throw up, my phone ringing at the same time.

I groan slightly and quickly answer it. "Hello?" I croak.

"Bailey, is everything okay? You're not in school." Alice says, her voice worried.

"I'm sorry, I should have text." I whisper as I close my eyes and lean my head back on the couch. "I'm super sick, so is my baby sister so I have to stay home."

"Do you need anything?" Alice asks with a sympathetic sigh.

"We're good, Al. Thank you anyway." I smile gently. "I'll do my half-"

"Don't you dare, it's okay. Rest, drink lots of water, okay? I'll text you later." She promises.

"Okay okay. Thanks, Cullen." I whisper yawning.

"You're welcome Rowe." She says gently before I hang up.

I look down at Reggie and see her awake, well sort of. She swivels round and straddles my lap, burying her face in my neck. I smile gently and tie her long hair up in a bun on her head, grabbing the ice pack from the table and setting it on her neck. "I got you, angel." I whisper closing my arms around her. I fall asleep like that, until the door bell rings about midday.

I wake groggily and carefully get up, holding on to Reggie. I rub my eyes as I trudge bare foot to the door, opening it and squinting at the light. "Alice?" I say shocked.