2

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 14 years later*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Channary held Selene in her arms. She frowned at the newborn, her brown eyes differed so much from her own. Her light olive skin and brown hair made Channary wonder whose child it was. 

The peace of silence was disrupted by young Selene's tired cries. The baby's screams made Channary's stomach knot up tightly, she heard Levana in her daughter. 

"Maid?!" She called, quickly a nanny ran into the room staring at the floor. 

"Yes, my lady?" The nanny kept her head bowed. 

"Take Selene and feed her." She said simply before placing the child in the woman's arms. The woman held the baby gingerly in her eyes before Channary waved her away with her hand. 

Channary immediately fell into the chair next to her vanity. She was exhausted, she had been alone for 4 years. She never cared for her parents. She resented them. 

After Levana's death, they wanted Channary to be perfect, she wasn't allowed to have fun. 

Like they could stop her now. 

But in the end, she had only little Selene left.

She coughed harshly into her elbow, almost falling out of her seat. She thought the coughs would cease as soon as they began, but this time they continued. 

Channary tried to breathe but the coughs were too harsh, too fast.