Chapter Twenty Eight

28

::Kylie's POV::

I sat on the couch with my legs propped on the coffee table. They were covered in ice packs and extremely sore. At practice today, we'd stretched places that I didn't even know could be stretched. My entire body was burning.

I sat back slowly and took a deep breath. That's when I saw Tyler walk into the room. He walked over casually and plopped down right next to me, causing a flare of pain in my over-exhausted muscles.

I grimaced from pain while he propped his legs up on the table as well and folded his arms. He just watched some hockey game rerun on the flat screen that was mantled on the wall in front of us.

"Practice didn't go too well huh?" He asked, his eyes flickering down to legs.

I just didn't respond. Clearly I was in pain, otherwise I wouldn't be covered with ice packs. Like seriously? I wasn't in the mood for him to mock me.

"Don't you have a date to go on?" I asked, staring at him.

He looked at me with that cocky grin he was so famous for. "Oh you heard that?"

I stared at him blankly and he chuckled.

"Why do you care anyway?" He asked me. I knew what he was trying to do and I wasn't falling for it.

"I don't," I replied simply and faced the tv again.

I could feel his eyes piercing into the side of my face but I didn't care.

Next, he stood and started removing my ice packs.

"Come on."

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked and sat up.

"Come on," he said again and grabbed my hand. Chills were sent through my body as I remembered just how good his touch felt. I couldn't break our hands apart, and honestly, I didn't want to.

I smacked my gums. "I need my shoes if we're going outside Tyler," I said, trying to sound uninterested.

"Got em," he said, bending down to pick up my flip flops next to the couch before leading me outside to his car.

He unlocked the doors and we both got in.

"Where are we even going?" I asked as he pulled out of the neighborhood and we traveled through some back-roads.

"That's one secret I'll never tell, gossip girl!" He said in a girly voice, mocking one of the best shows to air on the entire planet.

I rolled my eyes at his lame reference.

"It's almost six, we're going to miss dinner," I told him. He just ignored me as he sped at one hundred miles per hour down a road that led to who knows where.

What had I gotten myself into?

Taking the hint that he wasn't going to give me any details of this strange adventure, I sat back and folded my arms.

I pushed my hair to left side, using it as a curtain against Tyler. It was already bad enough that I was wearing shorts.. And come to think of it, my thighs did seem bigger today. I put my hands in my lap to cover them from him.

A few minutes passed and after finally realizing how stupid I was acting, I took a deep breath and relaxed. Why was I even acting like this? I put my hair into a high ponytail and folded my arms again.

Next, I looked out of the window, seeing that we were going further and further out of town. It sort of reminded me of when he drove us out to the coast and that made me smile. We had so much fun that day.