4x02 - Memorial

En başından başla

"Faulty gas line leads to tragic explosion at Young Farm" She throws the paper down, "Really?"

"Better than, town council blown up. Police have no suspects. Unless the perpetrator is right next to me" Lance looks up at Demi.

Demi takes a swig of her drink, "Well, don't look at me. I always take credit for killing people" Lance continues to stare at Demi. Demi puts down her drink, "Seriously, stop looking at me like that, Lance. If I was going to kill twelve people, I wouldn't blow them up, I'd have a dinner party"

"The explosion was sparked from inside. This wasn't an accident" Lance tells her.

"You say that like it's a bad thing" Connie enters the grill and sees Sheriff Forbes talking to Demi, "The council's dead, Lance. I see that as a win"

"I've known some of the council since I was a kid. They were my friends" Lance reminds her.

"Well, your friends tried to kill your son" Demi sees Connie approaching, "Who's the new chick?"

"Excuse me, Sheriff. Hi, um, I was wondering if I could speak to you for a minute about the explosion at the Young farm" Connie asks Lance.

"I'm sorry, Ms...?"

"Oh, Connie Jordan" Connie holds her hand out to him. She is wearing a black glove. Lance takes her hand and shakes it.

"Are you with the insurance investigators?" Lance asks her.

"No, no, I'm more of an independent contractor" Connie looks at Demi, "Can we speak in private?"

"Sure"

"Thanks" Connie walks away. Lance looks at Demi and follows Connie.

"Nice to meet you too, Ms. Busybody chick" Demi mutters to herself.

 Busybody chick" Demi mutters to herself

**********

Eliot approaches Demi at the bar, "Did you do it?" he begins to sit down.

"That's seat taken"

"But there's no one here" Eliot says confused, not realizing that's where Althea used to sit.

"Well, I'm just going to pretend like there's someone there, because the alternative is just too damn depressing"

He moves to her other side and sits down, "Did you set off the explosion that killed the town council?"

"Am I wearing my I blew up the council t-shirt, why does everybody keep asking me that?" Demi asks.

"Did you?"

"No. Anything else?"

Eliot hesitates, "Yes, something's wrong. I can't keep any of the animal blood down"

"Well, there's a shock"

"I think I need your help"

Demi sighs, "Of course you do. Pick your meal" Demi points to a person sitting out of view, "You've got Asian fusion" She points somewhere else, "Mexican. What about some good old American comfort food?"