"Thewizard?" Geo replied as he approached, "Really?"

Carolineexcitedly nodded, "Yeah; he has white hair and tan skin and darkblue eyes and he wears a dark purple robe and white pants andsandals, and looks about your age!"

Geoand Luna exchanged a surprised look.

"Whatdid he say about your necklace?" Geo asked. 

Carolinelooked down at the necklace she was now wearing, "He didn't sayanything about it. He just told me to go home before anyonenoticed I was gone and that there's nothing I need to know abouthim."

Geomumbled something.

"Whatexactly happened last night?" Luna asked.

"Well,"Caroline started, "I went into the forest as usual and said thatstar-rhyme-thing. I followed the path of starlight and I heldup my necklace to show the wizard, and I told him about it. Inever see him, but I always talk to him, so this was pretty normal. Then, I saw some of his hair, and I went around the tree to seehim, but he was moving around it just as fast as I was. When Iwas back on the path he wouldn't cooperate with me at all! Ifinally decided to turn around if he really didn't want to be seen,and wanted a better look at my necklace. For whatever reason hegasped, and I turned around to see him, but he was back in thedarkness of the trees before I could."

She paused for a breath, "Then I saw this lightfrom farther in the forest and went to it. It was amazing! Inthe mountain were tons of little balls of light. I don't knowwhat happened though, because out of nowhere everything got reallybright and hot, and there was this force-type-thing that knocked meto the ground. I held on really tightly to my necklace andeverything went black. The next thing I knew, I was in theforest and the wizard was carrying me back to the fence that marksthe edge of the farm."

Geoshook his head and Luna seemed surprised. 

"Interesting,"Geo commented.

"Thankyou for sharing that with us," Luna added.

"Whyis he so rude?" Caroline asked.

Lunashook her head, "Why, dear, he's not rude. He's just shyis all. Sometimes someone is so shy they seem rude, but reallyaren't."

"Oh,"Caroline replied.

Geoand Luna then went into the school together, but Caroline wasn'tsure why, seeing as there was no one else there.

"Caroline!"

Carolinelooked down the road to see her father, brother, and a horse. Thehorse wasn't being ridden, and didn't even have any tack on it. The horse was grey and white with a dark grey and white maneand tail, and light blue eyes. For whatever reason, Derekdidn't seem happy. 

"Dadsaid I can't ride her around yet!" Derek explained. He andCaroline were sitting in the grass and watching the family'shorses, including Derek's new one.

"Whynot?" Caroline asked, "isn't she broken?"

Dereknodded, "Just about; I'm sure of it. Dad said that it won'tbe the same being on her as it was in Whisper Hollow because inWhisper Hollow I got on her in a creek. I'm sure she trustsme enough now, but Dad thinks I'm rushing, and that breaking ahorse takes more time."

"Haveyou decided on a name for her yet?" Caroline asked.

"Nah,"Derek replied. 

"Let'sname her," Caroline declared.

"I'mtoo mad to name her now." Derek replied, "I wish I was an adult. Then I could make the rules and ride her all around."

Carolinesighed, "Well, if you want to ride her so bad, then take her intothe forest where no one'll see."