Candace sighed, "Fine, I'll be it." She then went to the school, leaned against it to make sure she couldn't see the other three kids, and then began counting.

Finny ran next door to hide in the library. Heath ran up the street to somewhere. Caroline went on the side of the school and hid in the large bushes.

"8...9...10!" Candy called out and began her search. She took a quick glance around the school, and then went to the library where she found Finny.  

"Psst!" 

Caroline nearly jumped.

"It's me, Heath," Heath explained, "this game is boring, let's ditch these two."

"And do what instead?" Caroline asked.

"Let's do something fun," Heath answered, "let's look for the wizard."

At that, Heath had Caroline's attention, "Okay, but how do we get away. I'm bringing Gold Mine, but Candy'll get wise to us if she sees him come over here."

Heath nodded. He looked thoughtful.

"You have a plan?" Caroline inquired.

Heath smiled, "A good explorer always has a plan." Heath then took a little bag he had on his belt and pulled a rock out of it. The boy crawled to the front corner of the school, kneeled, tried to get as tall as he could, and threw the rock. It hit a tree in the pasture that the fire/police horses stayed.  

Immediately, Candy was on her way to the pasture, and Finny was following. Once they were there and looking for there friends all over, Caroline called Gold Mine to her. The pony had to jump the fence to get to his owner. Caroline climbed onto Gold Mine, and Heath got on and sat behind her, holding onto his friend. Caroline then directed Gold Mine to leap over the fence at the back of the school and the pony galloped into the forest that was behind the school. There was a stream for Gold Mine to wade through, and then he kept galloping. After riding to where the trees grew close, they stopped.  

Heath cleared his throat and then said, "Sun, sun, bright as day; Sun, sun, guide my way."
Through the dense treetops, a path of light glowed. Caroline and Heath got off of Gold Mine, feeling it'd be better to walk. Caroline had her pony's reins and led him, while she followed Heath. The children were quiet and observant, stopping at every sound to see what it was. They didn't find any signs of the wizard, and the path led them back to the town.  

The trio stopped before leaving the forest.

"Well, here we are, back from our adventure," Heath said, "and, with no prize." Heath shook his head, "That's not what happens on TV!"  

Caroline looked at Heath, she rarely watched TV, "What happens in the shows?"

"Well, the explorer always goes on a super cool adventure, gets a treasure, and comes back with the treasure. There's also always a villain, a way of transportation, some action, and a pretty girl."

"And the treasure is the only thing missing?" Caroline asked. She didn't see how anything else of her and Heath's adventure related to this show he watched.  

Heath explained, "The villain is everyone who says the wizard doesn't exist, the way of transportation is Gold Mine, the action today was getting away from Candy and Finny, and you're the pretty girl."  

"Umm, okay," Caroline chuckled.

Heath thought for a moment, and then kissed Caroline on the cheek.

Caroline blushed, "What was that for?"

"The episodes always end with the explorer kissing the pretty girl." Heath said, and then looked at the evening sky, "The sun's starting to set, I should be getting home."