Eleven

"Anyone wanna grab a drink out on the deck?" Derek tossed the house keys into the bowl and surveyed the group.

"No thanks. I have a headache, I'm going to bed," Y/N more or less scowled at Penelope before shooting a glance at Spencer and heading off into her room.

Her evening had been terrible. What was meant to be a fun evening out with the gang had turned into her needing to hide hers and Spencer's relationship and placate Garcia by acting as wing girl. Penny hadn't even seemed that interested in Joel although she'dmade Y/N stay with her long enough to learn the guys life story. Y/N was perhaps being unfair, Mitchell and Joel weren't bad company and any other time Y/N would have rolled along with it and had a good time. She just didn't want to be in their company. She kept glancing over to Spencer, seeing him looking folorn and lost. It was only when the girls had finally rejoined the group that he'd brightened up. She'd sat next to him in the cab on the ride home, pressing up close to him in the back seat. She'd wait for everyone to go to bed and then sneak across to him.

Y/N entered her room and kicked the door shut behind her, changing quickly into her pj's. A small knock sounded on her door just as she'd got under the thin sheet she was using as her cover. Had Spencer made an excuse to come and check up on her?

"Come in."

No, it was Garcia. She padded over to the bed Y/N was sleeping in, perching on the edge.

"Y/N, are you okay?"

"I just have a headache is all." It was actually true, not that she was going to let that stop her from seeing Spencer.

"Okay. You know.... If anything else is bothering you, or if you want to talk to me about anything at all, you can you know." Penelope sounded sweet and caring but Y/N could also hear an edge to it. An edge that told her Penelope was seeking information.

"Penelope, really. I'd just like to go to sleep" Y/N rolled over on the mattress turning her back on her friend.

"Fine..." Garcia muttered to herself, heading out of the room.
"Perhaps you wouldn't have a headache if you actually slept through the night.... "

Is what Y/N thought she heard.

...

It took an hour and a half before she dared to leave her room, tiptoeing across the living room to Reid's room. She didn't even text him this time, if he was asleep she'd just leave him be. Luckily he wasn't, laying under a thin top cover and rereading one of the books he'd bought with him.

"Given up on the fic?" Y/N whispered as she crawled into bed and curled up at his side.

"The screen was hurting my eyes," he replied, closing the book and stashing it on the nightstand. He was wearing his glasses, a rare sight nowadays.

"I'm sorry about earlier.... You know I didn't want to go with her right?"

"I know. Still sucked but I know." He kissed her forehead lightly and wrapped an arm around her. Although he was not used to having a bed partner, having her here felt natural now somehow. As if she'd always climbed into bed with him.

"Rossi knows, by the way."

She pulled out his embrace slightly, a look of horror on her face. "How?"

"Thin walls apparently... "

Y/N's face flushed deeply as she realised what their older colleague would have heard.

"Shit...."

"Says he's purchased earplugs and that he's not going to say anything to the others. But... he did suggest something which made me wonder."

"Share."

"Garcia was acting weird earlier right? She normally wouldn't push you so hard to go and talk to guys with her."

Y/N nodded. "And she came into my room to tell me that I could talk to her about anything if I wanted to."

"You said yourself that Penelope is convinced that we're right for each other, she got us those tickets for that film and made us that picnic. What if, what if she somehow knows? I know you told her nothing was going on but if Rossi heard us it's not a stretch to think that she could have."

"The other bedrooms are all the way across the other side of the living area. Spence, I know I had to stuff a pillow over my face last night but there's no way she could have heard."

Reid conceded that she was probably right about that much at least. "She still could seen or heard som...."

"Oh my god, she knows." Y/N clasped her hand to her mouth, Penny's muttered comment from earlier making sense now. "As she left my bedroom she said something about me not having a headache if I'd slept through the night.... I wonder if she saw me leaving your room? She must have done."

"So should we just... tell them?"

Y/N was about to agree when suddenly she had a thought.

"No. No fucking way. She's playing games with us. Her little stunt earlier, trying to set me up with that guy? If she knows we're together then she's being just plain evil all because I haven't told her about it. You're right, she wouldn't have pushed me that hard normally, she would have just let it drop. But she wanted one of us to protest and come clean to her about why I didn't want to go with her. And when we didn't, she happily pushed me in front of another guy, right in front of you. No, we're not telling her."

"Y/N, if she knows then she's going to keep playing games until she gets us to tell her."

"Then we play them back. She doesn't know that we know that she knows."

It was late and this was starting to hurt Reid's head. "What?"

"We play her game right back."

"I... I can't. I'm no good at that sort of thing."

"Yes you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Alright, well.... We're not coming clean to her. Not yet. Let's just see what she throws at us and go along with it. We'll come clean at the end of the vacation."

"She's going to try and set you up with more guys. I'm not sure I can pretend to ignore that for the next week."

True. Spencer was right.

"Just a few more days then. Please?"

Y/N pouted and Reid found himself drawn to her bottom lip. He didn't want to play games but he also knew that Penelope was being rather childish cos she'd been left out of a secret and that Y/N didn't want her to know just yet. He lowered his head and touched his mouth to hers.

"Fine, but no longer. I'd rather them gossiping about us that see you pulled away by other guys constantly."

"Possessive much, Spencer?"

He shrugged and she grinned.

"None of the others can even compare to you, trust me. Now... Are we going to test Rossi's ear plugs out or...?"

He grinned back at her but shook his head.

"Do you mind if we actually don't? Not that I don't want to but I am actually kinda sleepy."

As if to prove his point his mouth stretched open and a yawn escaped, Y/N suddenly realising how tired she too was.

"Okay. Can you set a vibrating alarm for a few hours? If it's okay with you I'd like to stay here... Just to sleep with you... Wait, just to sleep."

"That sounds perfect." Spencer set an alarm for three hours time and they snuggled down together, their eyes closing.