Ten

When Y/N awoke it was nearing midday. The hot sun was streaming through her windows and making her room unbearably warm. She'd slept well once she'd dropped off, a huge smile on her face as she'd slept. Hauling herself out of bed she grabbed her towel and headed to shower, noting that the house was empty. Even the door to Spencer's room was wide open. They must be on the beach already.

She bathed quickly and dressed in her bikini and shorts. Collecting her beach bag and snagging an apple for the kitchen, she made her way out of the house and down onto the beach, spotting the others immediately.

"Sleeping beauty awakens," Rossi greeted here with a smile and a tip of his large sun hat.

"Late night baby cakes?" Morgan glanced over from his lounger.

"Yeah, I was up late... Reading." Spell it slightly differently and it was kinda true.

"Good book?" Spencer looked up at her, an innocent expression on his face.

"Very good book. Didn't want to put it down." Y/N climbed onto her sunbed and started squirting sun block onto her skin. She was lucky that her back had healed pretty quickly but she wasn't taking any chances. "Can someone do my back please?"

Just as Garcia was about to do the honours, Spencer hauled himself from his seat and did the job for her. Conscious of curious eyes he didn't let his hands linger any longer than necessary and Y/N bit down on the inside of her cheek to stop the memories of what his hands had been doing only hours earlier. Penelope watched them carefully, for her this was just fuel to add to what she was convinced had happened earlier.

Everyone settled back down to their various activities, reading, napping in Rossi's case, people watching or more Y/N and Spencer watching in Penelope's case. She observed from behind her huge sunglasses the small looks and smiles the two would give each other, the way Spencer would glance down at Y/N's chest every so often. At one point she was sure she'd seen him adjusting his shorts, her wrinkling her nose at the thought of why he might be doing that.

After a few hours of baking Y/N jumped up and shedded her shorts. "I'm going for a swim. Anyone coming... Spencer?"

"Erm sure... Yeah, I'll go." Stripping off himself he followed her into the water. Garcia could see that they swam pretty far out, so far that she was unable to see them clearly.

"Rossi, you're into bird watching and stuff. Did you bring your binoculars with you?"

Dave stirred in his seat, refocusing his eyes on the technical goddess.

"No, I wasn't planning on doing much bird watching whilst I was here."

"Damnit!"

"Baby girl, chill. What's the matter?" Derek turned his attention from the game of ultimate frisbee that had been occurring a few yards up the beach.

"Those two! I want to see what they're doing!"

"Garcia, they've gone for a swim together. She asked us all if we wanted to go."

"Did she though? Cos it was done in such a way that to me, it was obvious the invitation was open to Spencer only."

Derek laughed, she was still on her trippy idea that there was something between Y/N and Spencer.

"Baby, you need to get over it. They're friends, just like me and you."

"Did you not see the way he jumped to apply sunscreen to her, or the looks they've been giving each other. There's something going on between them and they're lying to me about it!!"

Morgan stood up and went and perched on the edge of her lounger.

"Penelope, I know you want something to be happening, some sort of summer romance, but it's not going to happen. Spencer isn't her type and we know that Reid doesn't date. It's just friendship. Maybe you should go inside and lie down or something. Perhaps the sun is getting to you a little."