Three

Spencer didn't press the subject until they got back to the house and had put away Rossi's groceries. Y/N strode off into her bedroom and came back a few seconds later with her tablet.

"I'm guessing you didn't bring yours with you?" she asked, guessing correctly. "Thought not. So here's mine. Break it and you bought it."

"Fair enough. So what, are you just going to to chose a random story for me to read?"

"No." She screwed up her face as if that was such a ridiculous suggestion. "I'm going to have you read a fabulous story that I stumbled across many years ago and still reread when I'm bored. It's that good."

"Wait. You read fanfiction?" Spencer was incredulous. This he was not expecting at all.

"Yes. Have done for years.... Why do you look so shocked?"

"Because.... because...."

Y/N sighed. "Contrary to popular belief, fanfiction isn't just a nerd thing. Plenty of people read and write the stuff. I found fanfiction when I was a teenager and have been reading it on and off ever since. It's great."

"Have you ever....written any?"

Y/N's face flickered and he caught the tell.

"Oh my god you have. Are you actually making me read your story? Is that what this is?"

"Hell no. I wouldn't subject any of my friends to that. I may have wrote a fic or two or, alright maybe twenty, when I was younger. But you won't find me. Trust me. Anyway.... " Y/N tapped the screen a few times, her eyes scanning the screen until she found what she was looking for, handing the device over.

"Prophecy Girl, by sunnydalesinner." Spencer read out the title. "What does the 'm' stand for by ratings?"

"Mature."

"Meaning?"

"There might be a lemon or two in the story."

"Y/N, I'm clearly not as educated in fanfiction terminology as you are. Not that I ever actually expected you to be. But, explain please."

"Lemons. Smut. Sexy times.... " Y/N smirked when she saw Spencer's face fall.

"I'll show you how to read in incognito mode. All you have to do is tap a button and another screen with something completely innocent will appear."

"Why are you making me read smut? That's not fair."

"Reid, just for once, don't question something. We're on holiday, trying new things. I've never exactly had Anna Karenina on my reading list either but I'm not complaining. For what it is, it's a great story. You might actually enjoy it. Come on... "

"Fine... But if you dare tell the others what I'm reading, I'll tell Penelope you used to write fanfiction and you know she'll track you down."

"Fair play. Now.. There's still a few hours of sunlight left so I'm gonna go bake some more and read my new book."

"Reapply your sunscreen," Spencer called after her as she skipped outside.

...

The rest of the afternoon passed by without anything of note happening. Y/N got stuck into the thick novel Spencer had selected for her and he attempted to get stuck into the story she'd selected for him to read. It bugged him reading on a tablet, he wasn't able to speed read the way he normally was which meant that for once he was actually reading at the same pace as a 'normal' person. He remained inside, whilst Y/N rejoined the others.

The story actually wasn't terrible, he'd always enjoyed the TV show and the characters were written very true to form. He was surprised. When Rossi wandered into the house two hours later to start on dinner, Spencer jumped at his voice, he'd been actually engrossed in the story.

"Come on Kid, you can help. I'll teach ya how to cook like an Italian, impress the ladies."

"What ladies?" Spencer muttered under his breath, locking the screen on the tablet and placing it down. Y/N had given him her pass code warning him not reveal it to the others and to not go lurking in her other files, as if he would. He joined Rossi in the kitchen area and set about following his instructions.

Y/N was also enjoying the story so far. It took a bit of getting into but now she was following it along nicely. Needing a drink, she checked her watch surprised that it was nearly 7pm. The sun was still high in the sky but it would begin it's descent to disappear seemingly into the ocean shortly. Morgan and Penny were both snoozing on their loungers so she marked her page with a bookmark and headed inside.

She grinned when she saw Spencer with a pan in his hand, Rossi stood behind him instructing him to use his wrist to toss.

"I thought every guy knew how to toss with his wrist?" She commented, lazily sliding onto one of the bar stools against the kitchen counter.

Reid scowled at her and Rossi gave a deep chuckle.

"Drink, La mia bella ragazza?" Dave poured her a glass of the wine he knew she favoured and handed it to her.

"Grazie gentile signora," Y/N sipped the liquid slowly, the cool sweet taste slipping down her throat.

"I'll set the table and go and wake those two up."

Y/N set about completing the task she'd given herself, the smell of Italian herbs filling the open plan living area. It smelt wonderful and her tummy rumbled. Calling Morgan and Penelope inside, the group sat about to enjoy their home cooked evening meal.

"Rossi, this looks fabulous," Garcia gushed as he plated her food up and set it down in front of her.

"Spencer actually did most of the cooking. Under my watchful eye."

Morgan choked. "Pretty boy, you made this?"

Spencer slipped into a seat and nodded, Derek shaking his head in disbelief.

"Tis true," Y/N confirmed. "I walked in just as Rossi was instructing him how to toss."

She glanced around the table and saw Penelope bite her lip back to stifle her laugh.

"Angel cake, you watched Rossi teaching Spencer how to toss?" Derek smirked widely, Y/N fully understanding the double entendre.

"Oh I did. It's a sight that'll stay with me for a long time to come."

"Can we stop?" Reid's high pitched squeak was back.

"Yes. Let's stop. Spencer just doesn't want me to reveal what happened after I walked in on the tossing...... Their little twosome may have expanded."

"Y/N!!!"

She laughed at Spencer's red face, he really was cute when he got worked up.

"Fine. Let's eat.... "