Chapter Fifteen: I'm The Bad Seed; I Think I Swallowed It Whole

Start from the beginning

It's silent at first, and then slowly the intro to I Caught Myself starts being played by the guys. I suck in a breath as Hayley and I switch our microphones on.

"Welcome to the Discomposed Composers tour. We are Paramore with my close friend, Cole Wentz. Enjoy the show. This first song is an older one. It's called I Caught Myself." Hayley speaks into the microphone as the long introduction to the song is playing. She looks over at me and smiles, knowing I remember what I'm supposed to do.

We walk on stage, jumping around to the beat of the drums. The crowd erupts into screams almost instantaneously. I hold the microphone to my lips and point to Hayley. "Down to you- you're pushing and pulling me down to you. But I don't know what I-" I sing, hitting the notes in what I hope was well.

"Now when I caught myself, I had to stop myself from saying something that I should've never thought. Now when I caught myself, I had to stop myself from saying something that I should have thought of- you, oh, you; You're pushing and pulling me down to you, but I don't know what I want. No, I don't know what I want." Hayley sings, the crowd bursting into song with us.

"You got it, you got it; some kind of magic. Hypnotic, hypnotic; you're leaving me breathless." I sing, and I honestly can't help but think about Patrick as I sing that line. Hayley moves to the beat, dancing easily. I dance in time with the music. "I hate this, I hate this; you're not the one I believe in- with God as my witness!" Hayley joins me for this part.

We continue along and sing the chorus once again, this time with her leading the melody while I'm singing harmonies with her.

"Don't know what I want, but I know it's not you. Keep pushing and pulling me down when I know in my heart it's not you." Hayley and I sing together, our voices blending quite well together. "Mmm, oh, whoa!"

We end up finishing the song less than a minute later, singing the chorus while dancing around the stage, standing up on amps (Hayley head banged quite a bit).When I look over to side stage, Patrick is standing there, grinning and giving me a thumbs up. I smile widely.

"Wooh!" Hayley laughs, fist pumping. The crowd screams back at us, a collection of shouts begging for specific songs to be played, regardless of the setlist that the group spent so long to make.

Hayley and I go ahead and introduce the next song to the crowd and explain the whole 'vote for a cover' thing on twitter to the ones who didn't know.

"This one right here is called Decided To Break It by Marianas Trench. LET ME HEAR YOU!" Hayley shouts out loud. The crowd gets going, and that's when we start. The drums begin along with the guitar and bass. I quickly pull the mic back to my lips.

"All the concrete words around here." I sing, raising my hands up and point to the crowd of teenagers, jumping up and down and singing along to the Marianas Trench song. "I'm the bad seed; I think I swallowed it whole. You're the compromise that never falls through; never left behind. I wanna break down."

"A thousand promises that never seemed to help me before. A hundred less and I would stumble till I find the back door. With nothing left, I think I'll probably sit around and ignore the apathy that always leads me." Hayley sings, kicking up her leg and jumping up and down.

"All the broken hearts that hang around here. All the sick things that make you pull out your hair." The next line that I'm singing hits me hard. I jump up onto the amp in front of Jeremy, winking jokingly at him. He sticks his tongue out at me. "All the bad dreams, yeah, all the nightmares. All the apathy that's always sticking it in!"

Hayley sings the chorus again, me doing a bit of harmonizing with her. The bridge comes up, where we're basically singing 'down' back and forth to one another.