EPILOUGE

"HEY BABY, I need you to get up," he whispers into my ear.
I groan into my pillow. Ugh. Why? We just got back home from wherever we were a few weeks ago. Everything's back to normal so far. No Advent. Adikius is back to where ever he came from. Wade's back in school. Mom and Uncle Harrison are about to have their wedding, which is today. And I'm Matt's boyfriend.
Here's an equation: 17 year old Peter Reynolds + 18 year old Matt Murdock = eternity love forever.
"Come on, Pete. You have to help your mother get his wedding dress!" Matt says.
"Why can't he use his old one?!" I groan.
"Because it'll hurt him. You know that," Matt replies. "He wants a special one just between him and Harrison and he needs your help with that! Plus, you kinda promised him to do it."
I groan again. "Ugh. Fine. Tell Mom I'll be down there in a minute..."
Matt kisses my lips and walks out, closing the door behind him. I sit up in bed and open the locket Adikius gave me. I smile when I see my parents.
When I made it downstairs, Mom hugs me instantly.
"Peter!" Mom cries. "You're awake!"
"Yeah, I am, Mom," I say.
"Ready to go?" Mom asks.
I nod. "Yep..."
Mom smiles, grabs his coat, and keys. "Alright then!"
Mom walks up the stairs and shouts, "HARRISON! PETER AND I ARE GOING SHOPPING! WE'LL CALL IF WE'RE IN TROUBLE OR IN NEED OF HELP! WE'LL BE BACK SOON! LOVE YOU!"
I kiss Matt again and Mom and I walk out the door to the car and to the mall.

+ + +

I found one perfect for Mom. It's long and white. It has silver designs on the collar and on the waist band and on the sleeves. There's silt through the side. God, Mom would look beautiful in that. I think Dad, my dead father, would love it too.
"Peter, it's beautiful!" Mom gasps when I show him the dress.
He takes it by the hanger and runs to the changing room. I chuckle and shake my head side to side.
"I'm proud of you, Peter," a voice says.
My eyes widen. No. He's dead. No it can't be.
"You protected your mother. You protected your brother. You protected your family and you kept your word to me that you would," Dad says.
"Dad?" I say in disbelief.
Dad nods. "I'm a ghost Peter. Only you can see me. I believe we've encountered each other once like this when you were on that field trip. But I wanted to see my little boy."
I smile. "I miss you, Dad. So does Mom. He misses you. So so much."
"I know he does. And I'm sorry if I caused all this mess. I tried to move the stupid car out of the way before that driver could hit me but I couldn't. I wasn't quick enough," Dad looks down.
"I'm dating Dad," I say, hoping that will lift his spirits.
Sure enough. It does.
"What?! Dating?! Who?!" he asks, smiling.
"Matt. His name is Matt Murdock. I've had a crush on him since middle school," I explain.
Dad smiles. "Oh, I'm so happy for you Peter! I-"
Mom comes out wearing the dress. My mouth drops to my ankles and so does Dad's but of course, Mom can't see Dad. He only sees me.
"Well, Peter? How do I look?" Mom asks.
"You look BEAUTIFUL, MOM! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!" I shriek.
Mom giggles. "Peter. Don't yell. So this is the winner huh?"
"YES!" I say. "YES!"
Mom laughs and runs back to the changing room to get changed.
"I hope you don't mind Mom marrying Uncle Harrison, Dad," I say to Dad.
Dad smiles. "I'm not angry, Peter. I'm actually glad he moved on. He needs Harrison. If Harrison makes him happy...it makes me happy."
"I'm glad you approve, Dad," I say.
Dad smiles and says, "Good. I love you, Peter. Protect your mother."
"I will," I promise.
Mom comes out and Dad disappears. Mom has the dress and we go check out.

Mom had his wedding later on that afternoon. It was beautiful too. It was by the ocean on the beach. I smile as I watch Uncle Harrison say, "I do, take you, Tom Reynolds, to be my lawfully wedded wife." And I cry when Mom says, "I do, take you, Harrison Osterfield, to be my lawfully wedded husband."
I sob when I watch Uncle Harrison dipped Mom and kissed him deeply. It was so romantic! So beautiful! God, I loved it! I loved all of it!
Now that Advent is gone and everything is pretty much back to normal, I can live a normal life in high school. I can date normally with my boyfriend. Well, except for the fact that my little brother's Deadpool.
After Mom and Uncle Harrison kissed, they walk down the aisle while everyone cheers. Mom laughs as one of the bridesmaids, Aunt Zendaya, tosses him the banquet of red and blue roses.
Mom stops and turns to face me and Matt. Mom smiles and nods. Everyone's looking at us, smiling. Waiting for us to kiss.
"The show must go on, baby," Matt whispers, leaning into my ear.
I laugh. "Yeah. It must."
"Happily ever after!" Mart says.
He dips me like Uncle Harrison did to Mom.
And...
We kissed.

END OF BOOK ONE