CHAPTER SIXTEEN

MOM WHIPS OUT a black pistol, cocks it, and aims it at me. Right between my eyes. My eyes widen, shocked, and I hold up my hands in surrender. He doesn't know it's me under the mask. He doesn't know it's his son standing right in front of him. His eyes are wide with fear and his hands tremble, therefore making the gun tremble. A finger is on the trigger.
"S-Stay a-away...!" Mom says, his voice shaky.
I don't. Hands up, I slowly walk toward him. Mom instantly walks backwards toward the brick wall behind him.
"Mo-uh...sir! Uhm, relax! It's okay! I'm not gonna hurt you," I say.
Mom obviously doesn't belive me. I swear. If Advent hurt my mother, which he probably did, then I'm gonna kill Advent. I don't care if Mom's standing right in front of me when I do that.
"Back away!" Mom demands, hands still shaking. "Or I'll shoot!"
I'm so tempted to say "Mom" but I can't. I don't want him to know that his son is his favorite superhero.
"Sir, it's okay," I say, trying to calm him down. "I'm a good guy!"
"He says not to trust anyone I encounter with," Mom growls.
"He?" I ask, dumbfounded.
"Advent. He says not to trust anyone! He-"
"Well done, Thomas," a deep, British voice suddenly says.
There he is. My eyes widen and Mom stiffens when he lays a hand on his shoulder.
"You've done well," the man says.
He's old. Probably in his mid forties. He's white and he has grey curly hair and a long scar that goes across his right eye. He has a brown leather jacket and he mostly wears black. It's him. It's the man who's after me. It's the man who had my mother. It's the man who took my brother and made him a killer. It's him.
Advent.
"Well. If it isn't young Peter Reynolds," Advent says, grinning and gripping Mom's shoulder tightly.
Mom's eyes widen in shock. His jaw dropped slightly and he lowers the gun. Mom has tears in his eyes.
"Yes, Tom. That's your son in that Spider-Man suit. You've lured him right into a death trap. You've lured him right to me. I knew he would come for you."
"Mom..." I say to Mom. He's still in shock. "I can explain-"
"No need Peter," Advent says, cutting me off.
"What have you done to him?! What did you do to my mother?! I swear if you ever laid a finger on him-"
"He's mind controlled. He's one of my followers now. I wasn't really going to kill him. I just used him as bait. But he follows me. He does what ever I tell him too. So...I can tell him exactly what to do," Advent says.
Advent leans into Mom's personal space and whispers closely to his ear, "Kill him."
Mom's shocked face turns to anger. He pulls the trigger and loud bangs and bullets fly everywhere. Dunking, putting my arms over my head to protect myself as if that would help, I sprint back to the car. I open the passenger seat and climb in, panting.
Mom stops shooting and instantly cries. He covers a hand over his mouth and just cries. Advent smiles evilly.
"Peter? What's going on?" Wade asks, clearly not knowing Mom is out right in front of us.
"Mom...he's out there. He's right in front of us. In that jacket. The man with his hand over his mouth is Mom...he's alive Wade!" I turn to face Wade, who's eyes are widen and jaw dropped. I smile widely. "We found him! We found our Mom, Wade!"
"And you better hurry up and save him!" Adikius interrupts. "It has to be you, Peter."
"But why me?! Why is it my 'destiny' to rescue my mother from this maniac?!" I demand.
"Because it proves who you really are. Peter, I know this is scary for you. You're seventeen and you're miserable. We get that. But your mother needs you right now," Adikius coaches.
At the corner of my eye, I see Advent pulling out a megaphone and saying, "PETER! I'M WAITING!"
"Can I kill him? Can kill Advent?! PLEEEEEAAASSSEEEE?!" I entreat to Adikius.
"But you're not a killer. You-"
I whip my head around quickly and look at Wade. He's still staring at me in utter shock, not believing Mom's right in front of us.
"You!" I say to Wade, pointing at him. "You! Wade! Kill Advent! I'll go save Mom!"
"What?!" Wade says, shaking his head. "Why?! But Peter-"
I hop out of the car and shoot my web. The web wraps around Mom and it pulls him closer. Advent screams in anger and frustration and that's Wade's cue.
He hops out of the car and ran next to me. Angry, Wade pulls out his katanas from their sheath which is strapped to his Deadpool costume. Ready to go in for a kill.
I cut the webs around Mom with a my knife that I'd packed. See? Knew it would come in handy! The silver webs fall to the ground and I grab Mom by the arms.
Gunshots are heard. I turn and see Advent shooting. Yet his gun is pointed straight up towards the air. Just shooting. Not aiming it anything. Mom struggles to break free out of my grasp but I hold my grip tighter.
Wade jumps and karate kicks, in mid air, and knocks the gun right out of Advent's hand. The rifle slides toward where my feet are and with my free hand I bend down and grab it, tucking the butt of the gun under my armpit.
"What's going on?!" Mom demands, struggling. "Who are you people?! Let me go!"
I open the back seat door and toss the gun in the back. I turn to Mom and say, "Relax. We'll explain everything on the way home."
After buckling up, I open the door and say to Wade, "WADE! COME ON LET'S GO! WE GOT MOM SAFELY AND THAT'S ALL WE CARE ABOUT! COME ON!"
I close the door. It's silent now and all three of us stare and watch Wade fight Advent. I know. I should be doing it. But Adikius is right. I'm not a killer. I can't even hurt a freaking fly.
Advent flies a punch to Wade's nose. We hear a large CRACK and blood oozed out of Wade's nostrils. I wince at the sound. Mom gasps. And Adikius made an "Oooohhh..."
Wade regains his balance and snarls like an angry German Shepeard. Even though the windows are down, I can hear Wade's threat clearly.
"What's...What's going on...?" Mom says, breaking the silence. He pulls his knees up to his chest.
I look back at Mom. He's so scared it breaks my heart. His voice is full of fear. He doesn't know. He doesn't know that Wade and I are Spider-Man and Deadpool. He doesn't know that he's been kidnapped, I mean well he knew but he just doesn't remember it well. He doesn't know that he's been controlled.
"PETER!" Advent screams as Wade pins Advent to the brick wall. "I WILL FIND YOU! I WILL KILL YOU! I WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER! I WILL KILL EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU LOVE! JUST LIKE HOW I KILLED YOUR FATHER!"
I gasp and Advent laughs.
"YES! I KILLED HIM IN THAT ACCIDENT THREE YEARS AGO! I'M GOING TO KILL EVERYONE YOU LOVE! INCLUDING YOUR MOTHER! YOUR BROTHER! YOUR NEW FATHER! YOUR UNCLES! YOUR BABY COUSIN! YOUR GRANDPARENTS AND YOUR FRIENDS! AND IT'LL BE ALL YOUR FAULT!"
No...he...Advent? He killed my father? It's not my fault. It's his.
I gulp and try to swallow the tears that are forming in my throat. As stated, I can hear Wade's threat clearly.
"I don't think so," Wade growls, pressing the katana against Advent's neck. "You will not under any circumstance touch my brother. You will not touch my mother. You will not touch anyone else in my family. Thanks to you, because you made me a killer, I can chop your head off right now."
Advent laughs mechanically. "Go ahead. Show your mother who you really are...Wade. Show your mothe that you're a killer."
He does it. To my surprise he does. Wade draws the sword back. He snarls and grips the handle of the blade tighter.
And...
The point of the sword goes right into the chest....
Blood oozed out of Advent's chest and Wade quickly pulls the sword out of Advent's chest.
"Tell Peter..." Advent chokes. "That wonderful future ahead of him...protect him, Wade. He's going to need it..."
And then...
Advent collapses to the ground with a loud THUNK.
Wade steps back, shocked at his work. Blood dripped from the tip of the sword.
He's a killer.
My little brother is a killer...
A mercenary....
Because Advent..
Is dead.