Chapter 13

"Are you sure Ward's okay to go into the field? He's not exactly acting like himself." Banshee asked Coulson. We were suiting up to go and get the spear in a monastery. Those poor monks, they don't really like people sometimes. 

        "But he knows it." I said. 

          "He'll be fine." Coulson said. 

        "I'm with Coulson." I said, Banshee and May didn't look convinced. 

          Randolph was wondering around a bit. "Well, it's been a while. I wonder Ah, yes. There it is. Still here. Well, the nose isn't quite right, but..." He said.

         "That's you?" Banshee asked.

          "Yeah. They venerated me a bit as a saint." He said. 

        I glared at him. "They're idiots." I said. "Besides, I've never even heard of you." 

        "Where's the staff?" Coulson asked.

        "It's upstairs." Randolph said. 

          "Is that the normal Ward or the new, angrier Ward? I can't tell." Banshee said looking at Ward, I rolled my eyes at her. But to be honest, I'm not sure. 

        "It's quiet." Skye said. 

        "Why do you think I trusted them with my secret?" Randolph said.

         Everybody looked a little confused. "The monks in this order take a vow of silence." I told them.

           "But when you get them talking they squeal." A man said stepping out from behind us. "If you want to defeat a god, you must become one." He said, we ran. 

        Randolph ran one way with Fitz, Simmons, May and Ward. I ran the other with Coulson, Banshee and Skye. "We need to help him! I'll get her." He said. 

        I ran even faster, who's he after. Then some people appeared in front of us, and let me tell you they are angry. Very angry indeed. I pulled out my knives and started fighting, Banshee was next to me I think we made a pretty good team, if I do say so myself. "Adelaide, we need your help!" I heard Gemma say.

        "What's wrong?" I asked.

          "It's the Asgardian, he's been shot." She answered.

        "I'm on my way." I said to her. I turned to Banshee. "Cover me?" I asked. She nodded, I grabbed a nearby plank, lucky it was there and swung it a few times making a nice little circle. Then Banshee started go threw everybody with me right behind her. Once she cleared a path I ran for it. 

        "How is he?" I asked arriving next to them.

         "I don't know what to do. He's not human." Gemma said. 

        "He's dying?" Skye asked alarmed. 

        "Yeah." Gemma said. 

        "Now wait, Asgardians regenerate faster than we do." I said. 

         "Maybe we can keep him alive long enough. For his body to heal itself." Gemma said. 

        They looked at me. "Okay, what am I looking for?" I asked.

         "His heart." Fitz answered. 

         I put my hands on him and concentrated, great. I need to actually get my hands on it. "Help me! I need to get his heart out so that I can keep it going without killing him." I said.