Chapter 1 - Iron Man 3

Book 2! I would suggest reading Book 1 if I were you. If you don't you may be very confused. If you don't know, this is the story of Adelaide Bethany Rogers. I hope you like this book. :) happy reading!

____________________________________________________

They say that we create our own demons.... I never believed in wise-man sayings like that.... Until it was too late. It's funny.... every day before that, all I could think about was myself, and in that last moment.... when I knew it was all over.... I could only think of her. But that's not exactly how this story began....

_________________________________________________

In 1999, Tony Stark was in Switzerland at a party.

Ironically enough, this story actually began in another time.... another life.... with another girl

"That's not very dignified." Maya Hansen said, as she saw Tony eat the cake without a plate. Or fork for that matter. But that's not what she meant.

"I never claimed to be." Tony said.

"Yes you did, in that speech of yours." Maya said.

"I did? Hell, why are we talking about this? Eat the cake." Tony said. He grabbed a piece of cake and put it in front of a very confused Maya's mouth. She eyed him carefully but none the less grabbed a fork and took a piece.

"Well, maybe you should date him instead." Maya said.

"Speaking of dates, today marks six months for you two. Congratulations." Happy said.

Maya smiled. "That's right! Thanks, Happy." She said.

"What are you, my butler? How do you remember stuff like that?" Tony asked.

"Considering that I've made nachos for you before, I'd say that yes, I am." Happy said.

"I'm going to have to fix that." Tony said.

"What are you going to do? Build a computer that makes nachos?" Happy asked.

"Maybe." Tony answered.

Now I could go on and on about this night. But long story short, Tony meets a man named Ho Yinsen. They speak, and Tony is being rude like normal. Then Tony leaves arm in arm with Maya. They get stopped in the elevator by a man named Adrian Killian.

Tony speaks to Killian and basically dismisses him. This has severe consequences as we all know. As he walks out of the elevator Tony pretty much makes an enemy because of his words less than an hour later. He then spends his night with Maya and then leaves.

Needless to say, this would remind Adelaide a lot of Howard don't you think?

_________________________________________

So why am I telling you this? Why start the story here? Because I had just created demons, and I didn't even know it.And because of certain.... character flaws.... I didn't realize that that night would come back to haunt me.Yet before a recent vacation in an Afghan prison camp, I tended to have a short memory span about such things. I had forgotten that night in Switzerland, and moved on with my life, because I am.... well, you know who I am.

(http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_44/set?id=127339915)

Adelaide

I met Pepper at Stark Industries. I was going to their house for dinner. Steve was away on a mission, and I don't go on those that often. I prefer to stay away from things trying to shoot at me. Happy was driving us and then we would have something. I have no clue what, and neither does Pepper.