Ch 12. The One with the Blob.

Start from the beginning

For now Jennie was winning in their little debate. It's not that Jisoo wanted to throw their daughter into danger, she just doesn't want her talent to go to waste.

They agreed that while Eden is still young they wouldn't encourage it but when she got older she would be given the choice to join an agency or not. Whatever she chose they would support her either way.

"Okay fine. I'll stop." Jisoo says while getting into the car.

"Good." Jennie gives her a curt nod. "Miss Pepper, or whatever the hell her name is told me that Eden is having trouble sharing at pre school."

"Well that's not really a surprise." Jisoo says, sparring a glance at Jennie.

"And what the hell is that look for?" Jennie says looking back at her.

"What?" Jisoo says innocently. "It's no secret you don't like sharing honey."

"Oh I don't like sharing? Miss I'm gonna order a whole bucket of chicken for myself."

"Okay that happened only one time!"

Jennie scoffs, turning to look out the window. "One time. Try five."

"Another woman can't even look at me without you glaring them to death." Jisoo says.

"They don't need to look. You're married remember?"

"As if I could ever forget. Just admit it, you don't like sharing. Neither does Eden."  Jisoo shrugs.

"Oh so you're saying it's my fault that Eden can't share?" Jennie crosses her arms.

"No—" Jisoo parks the car and opens the back door to take Eden out. "—that's not what I mean."

Jennie waits until Jisoo opens the door for her knowing Jisoo throws a hissy fit whenever she does it herself.

"Then what are you saying?"

"I'm just—how about this. Maybe we should both be teaching Eden some better sharing skills." Jisoo suggests.

"Fine. Although I highly doubt she has bad sharing skills in the first place. I think ms Pepper needs to get her head out of her ass. I mean she's always questioning our parenting and for what? Because we're two women? I hated her from the beginning and I hate her now. I thought maybe just maybe she would grow on me but no. She's all 'Eden doesn't share well with other children bleh bleh bleh!'"

"Honey. Honey. Honey. Let's just take a deep breath for a second. Okay?" Jisoo places a hand on her shoulder.

Jennie takes in a deep breath before letting it go. Giving Jisoo a curt nod.

"Are you nervous? Is this what this is about? Jisoo asks, her eyes gentle.

"No." Jennie answers immediately. Swallowing thickly at Jisoo's knowing eyes. "...maybe."

Jisoo gives her a soft smile. "Honey it's gonna be okay. We've done this all before. It'll be a hard mission but the Kims never do anything the easy way."

Jennie smiles in appreciation, leaning in to give her a small kiss. "I still don't forgive you for saying I can't share but thank you."

"Yeah well don't let it go to your big fat head but I do love you." Jisoo grins. "Now come on, I never leave a mission unfinished." She takes Jennie's hand, carrying Eden in her other arm.

•••

"There He is, can you see him?" Dr. Lee points to the sonogram.

Jennie's eyes well up with tears, nodding her head. She has Jisoo's hand in one hand the other resting on her still flat tummy.