"And you seem to know exactly what's best for me," Brendon went on with a sneer. "A beautiful girl, all nice and tangled up in my sheets....the perfect way to relieve my tension. You'll keep the king and queen distracted while I do so, won't you, my dear Smith? The last thing I would want is to make a father worry while I merely show his beautiful daughter my room."

How could Spencer say no to the charming prince standing before him? He nodded, bowed, made sure to please the powerful soon-to-be king. "Of course, Your Highness. You can count on me."

"Excellent." Brendon dismissed his tailor, admiring himself and his blood red doublet in the mirror. "Now, my dear Smith, hand me my mask. Then my attire will be complete."

Following orders, Spencer gladly handed the glittery gold mask to the prince, then stepped back with a bow. He couldn't wait to see the completed look, especially on someone as handsome and enticing as the prince.

Examining the mask, Brendon raised an eyebrow, his plump lips pursed. "Hm," he remarked. "Give my compliments to the seamstress, my dear Smith. Somehow she managed to do everything I had requested of her."

Spencer nodded once, his arms crossed behind his back. "Of course, Your Highness."

Then Brendon Urie put on the mask, his chocolate eyes shining with the sparkles of his golden mask. He smirked at his alluring reflection, entranced by his blood red doublet and his dark black breeches. He looked like a carbon copy of the aesthetic of his room, along with his dark hair styled perfectly to his liking. Without a doubt, Spencer was certain that every single girl who walked into that ballroom would instantly fall to their knees and beg to be his princess. He was the most attractive man in all of Asturias.

The sun was beginning to set outside, dipping below the mountains and casting a magnificent orange glow across the kingdom. Specks of light from the village lanterns soon began to appear as the inky blue of nightfall leaked into the sky. It was almost time for the masquerade ball to begin.

"Are you ready, Your Highness?" Spencer asked, taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, although he couldn't hide the eager grin beginning to spread across his face. "I'm sure the first guests are expected to arrive any minute now. You'll want to be there to stake your claim in the castle."

For a long while, Brendon merely stared at his reflection, his expression blank and his gaze unreadable. He ran his tongue over his lips, snarling to get a glimpse of his pristine white teeth. He was more than ready to host a masquerade ball just based on looks alone, and Spencer knew he was perfectly capable of handling it all.

Then, Brendon Urie turned around and hopped off his pedestal, a devilish smirk adorning his face as he looked his royal adviser straight in the eye.

"I was born ready, my dear Smith. Let's get this masquerade started."

~~~~~

Excitement excitement excitement OOO I hope you're all enjoying this as much as I am so far. I can't wait for more :)

Also, I've read a few fics recently where the authors put gifs of the "cast" in the beginning, so I figured I might as well do that too. Just some more excuses to look at these beautiful humans

Brendon Urie

Spencer Smith

Spencer Smith

Jon Walker

Ryan Ross

I'll do more when the characters appear, but these are the four main peeps for now :)

This is literally so exciting oof I'm shook. Like a minute after I first published the story last week, already over 5 people voted, and the number only rose as the day went on. We hit a whopping 15 votes within probably two days and I'm just in awe. None of my stories have ever been that popular right off the bat, so thank you all so so much. It really means the world to me, and I sincerely hope that the wait has been worth it :))

Love y'all very much!! Remember to vote/comment/share with your pals! <3