On to Goose Bay

Before I left Oklahoma, God had me read Hebrews 11 about faith - the faith of Noah, Abraham, and Moses.  I needed this kind of faith, but I also was ashamed of my lack of faith when my mind exploded on me.  God was very kind and forgave me - that is exactly what I needed. 
     The next day I set up my tent and took my time doing it.  I opened my Bible and read in Genesis; I had just started reading the Bible for the fourth time.  God slowed me down reading before I left because He wanted me to read about Noah, Abraham, and Moses when I arrived in Montana.  God is so amazing and is in control. 
     After I settled in, I wrote my buddy a letter telling him I was safely in Montana - he was the only one that knew about my trip.  I had to drive back to town to mail it and probably picked up a loaf of bread. 
     I had some peanut butter, jelly, granola bars, chips, two twenty packs of oatmeal, three cans of tuna, and three cans of pears.  I also had salt, pepper, two five pound bags of flour and some cooking oil. 
     I wasn't loaded up with food, and this was a big concern.  I knew God would provide; but was I testing him?  I didn't feel I  very prepared and wasn't. 
     I started taking hikes in the morning and then met Ed.  He worked at the campsite checking boats for mussels.  He told me to stop in and see him. 
     The next day, I stopped in at the ranger shed and talked to Ed.  He gave me a map of Montana and later told me about the National Forest.  He was very helpful.
     Once I got to look at the map I saw that Glacier Park was only a few hundred miles away and thought - this is gonna happen!  But I knew that it wasn't gonna happen that day, gas costs money, and I didn't have much money. 
     I settled in to my new surroundings.  I had a routine of getting up and walking to the main campground; I would sit on a bench and watch the boats as they slowly trolled from the inlet to the lake.  The weather was nice, around high 60's to low 70's, it was early September.  I talked to God wondering what was next; I was learning patience. 
     After I finally got back to my campsite, I would get my Bible and read.  I would maneuver my chair so I could see the inlet of the lake. 
     Then the people started moving in with their big RV' s and generators - I seemed to be the only one in a tent.  Well, Ed had a tent and I saw a few other tents, but most people had RV's - talk about roughing it. 
     Also, I seemed to be the only one walking any distance.  Many people had some type of recreational vehicle to get them quickly where they were going.  I am not judging, each to their own, but we all need exercise. 
     From slowing down, I have learned to appreciate God and what He has created for us more.  It is like everyone was speeding around and missing everything.  Where was everyone going in such a hurry?  What is time and why is it so important?  Time means nothing to God. 
     Was what I was doing boring?  Basically living in God's Word was what I was doing, and the only thing that was different was the fact I was doing it in Montana.  As long as I was pleasing God, then I was happy, so I loved each new day.  The trouble is that the days started sliding by. 
     About the twelfth day, on my walk, I saw Ed again.  He told me that after Labor Day (which had passed) that everyone in charge went home, so I could stay until spring if I wanted.  I was thrilled and moved my campsite to a wooded site near the main lake. 
    My food was running low and I had to make a fire to cook some unleavened fry bread.  My first batch was ok; needless to say, I got better through experience.  I still had a little oatmeal, and maybe some peanut butter.  I believe, at this point, I had filled up my gas tank, so my money was pretty much gone, aside from some change. 
    I was at my new campsite about a week and started to get a funny feeling; a feeling that something was about to happen.  Well, unfortunately, I was right.  After my walk, I saw a letter taped to my driver's side window.  I had overstayed my welcome - it was time to leave.  I wasn't totally disappointed, God wanted me to leave.  On to the national forest, and I was a bit apprehensive and excited all at the same time.  It was time to do some real camping!