chapter 27

high school

chapter 27

prom

Anaya's POV

We were currently all at my house getting ready for prom. Kaleena, Bianca and I were all running around trying to get perfect. I couldn't believe this night was here. I was excited but ready to get it over with at the same time. Kaleena's parents had paid for us to get our makeup done, my dad paid for hair, while Bianca dad got the whip for prom. The boys were getting ready at Clarence's house, and they were going to come over to meet us with the limousine. Kaleena had a bottle of Patron in her sleepover bag. She was pouring up shots and I cringed at the smell of alcohol. She took three shots, before passing one to Bianca.

I rolled my eyes as the hair stylist put wand curls in my hair.

Bianca walked up to me and hugged my belly.

"Nephew, we so ready for you to come out." Bianca said, as she rubbed my stomach. I laughed.

"Yeah, so your momma can turn the fuck up again." Kaleena said, as the makeup started on her face. I rolled my eyes. Kaleena was so wishy washy, she was happy for me sometimes then making side comments.

I ignored it and continue to get my hair done. Once she put the pins in my curls, the makeup artist came over and did my makeup.

I was scrolling Instagram when I got a text from Clarence.

From: Clare🐻

"I can't wait to see you tonight. I know you're about to look mad good."

I smiled.

To: Clare🐻

"Thank you baby. I know you're about to be fine asf as well."

From: Clare🐻

"Thank you mamas. See you soon."

We were almost done getting ready. I wiggled into my dress, as Kaleena zipped it in the back. It was burgundy off the sleeves. It was pretty simple and elegant. My mom came down to my room and took my picture.

"My baby. You look so pretty. I'm going to cry." My mom said, as she teared up.

She couldn't go to her prom, because she was pregnant with me.

"Mom don't cry." I laughed.

"Ok, ok. I won't cry." She said, as she wiped her tears.

"My beautiful girls! Y'all look so pretty. I know you've been waiting on this moment since you were freshman." My mom added.

"Thank you Ms. London." Bianca and Kaleena said in unison. We took a bunch of group pictures.

I pulled out my phone and uploaded a selfie I took prior to putting on my dress.