Hour Seven: Owen

Hour Seven (1:26 am):

I'm really trying but find myself struggling to understand what Nathan is saying. He's talking about a ghost. A ghost named Sang.

Luke has spoken with this ghost.

Kota too.

Now Nathan.

My head is spinning, my heart racing, as I try to make sense of what is going on. I wipe my hands on my jeans, a small habit I've always had but have hidden well. I'm nervous, unsure, and I don't like it. The sticky sweat forming on my palms tell me how I feel about the situation my brothers and I are in.

It's hard not believe when the evidence is starting to turn into large bold letters right in front of us.

The five W's of life are glaring right at me as I try and piece together all the information and evidence we have found so far.

Who.

What.

When.

Where.

Why.

A hand coming down on my shoulder makes me flinch but I lift my gaze and pretend my whole body didn't just jump in a small moment of...what? Fear? That's ridiculous. I haven't felt fear since a child. I don't do fear.

Until now. I ignore the silly voice in my head and allow my eyes to focus on Gabriel's baby blues. "Alright there, Mr. B? You were in your own world for a second there." He chuckles but it's not a real one, just a noise that he makes that shows just how scared and nervous he is right now.

"I'm fine," I tell him with a nod as I raise my arm and push my glasses up my nose. I move to the side which makes Gabriel's hand drop from my shoulder and focus on Kota who is still sitting on the floor with his head between his knees, taking slow deep breaths. Everyone is glancing at each other, concern a clear emotion on their faces.

"Feeling better, Kota?" Sean asks him.

Kota nods his head but doesn't say anything. I hear him mumbling quietly to himself and know he's counting his heartbeats as he calms himself down.

"What do we do now?" Silas asks, bringing attention to him. "I mean, if there is a ghost, how do we talk to it?"

I don't think I've ever heard such a ridiculous question before, but Silas is right. If there is a ghost, how do we bring it out long enough to see it, to talk and ask questions? But then, what do we do after that?

"I'm sure she can hear us right now, Si," Luke says. "We just don't know she's with us."

"Well, the EMF is coming up normal at the moment," Victor adds. "So if she's close, she's not clo—."

A rattling sound from the bathroom across the hall cuts Victor off and we all turn our heads, staring out the bedroom and into the hall, holding our breaths, waiting.

It stops two seconds later.

"We all heard that right?" Nathan whispers. His voice was so low only I just heard him.

No one says anything.

I step towards the bedroom door just as a blur of white comes flying out of the bathroom door and down the hall towards the stairs. I'm startled, stepping back as my heart drops to my stomach and the air leaves my lungs in a whoosh.

Footsteps as light as a feather pitter patter lightly down the stairs and before I even realise what I'm doing, I'm following, bringing in a deep breath of air through my mouth as I do.