Hour Two: Silas

Hour Two (8:02 pm):

No one speaks. No one wants to break the silence. Everyone's too busy lost in their own heads as they wrap their thoughts and logic around what they saw. I glance out the halfway boarded up window, noting that in just a few minutes, the sun will officially be down and the real mystery begins

And I have no doubt that this house is full of mysteries. I noticed it as I recorded our journey through the first floor and then into the garage. Something happened here.

With the gleam in Kota's eyes, he's just as intrigued as I am. We have a mystery, and hopefully answers to the questions formed by scared children who were where they shouldn't have been.

I watch carefully as everyone stares at one another. Something has Gabriel spooked and he keeps glancing at Victor, frowning hard, blue eyes wide.

What did they see to have him like that? Even the other houses didn't have him as spooked as he is now. My curiosity grows and I can't wait to start looking over this house, inch by inch. There's a story to be told here.

"Kota, you can begin, any special readings?" Mr. B asks, starting the meeting.

I check the camera to make sure it's still running and span around the room to get in the various uncomfortable expressions.

North's expression is completely shut down, body tense. He looks like he wants to punch someone. I don't blame him after being in that garage.

There's a cage in there and we would have figured there to be a pet but the blood on the rusted cage and on the tools left behind say otherwise. Sean doesn't think so either, not when he found a long blonde strand of hair. No dog has long hair like a woman's.

Kota had reaffirmed that he didn't remember a dog. He would have took notice of one just because he's an avid dog lover. He also doesn't remember the daughter's hair being blonde. He said it was dark.

So who's was it? What happened in there? My imagination does a really good job filling in the blanks and the fury growing in my chest desperately hopes it isn't true.

"Nothing out of the norm for a house left empty. There's no electricity running through the building. The readings were all expected," Kota says.

He glances at Victor, who nods.

"Agree, no abnormal readings, but now that we have the normal readings, we'll know when something happens."

"Alright, points of interests. What's everyone's take?"

"This whole damn house," Gabriel mutters as his eyes flickers around the shadowy room.

I nod in agreement.

"The fucking garage," North says, eyes hard as he looks in the direction of the door leading to the side of the house and to the garage.

"The small bedroom upstairs," Nathan speaks up.

"The basement," Gabe answers, though reluctantly.

"Sounds like the entire house," Luke says, perking up a little. Nathan seems just as excited.

Of course they would be.

"I elect that we stay together as a group," Gabe says.

Nathan snickers and Gabe glowers at him.

"Oy, after the shit we saw, I think it's for the best. This place screams fucked up."

"Language," Mr. B warns, sending a warning look at Gabe, shutting him up.

Gabe presses his lips tightly together but stays quiet.

"For now, we can go around as a group, take a more indepth look at everything. I know everyone has spotted something interesting and maybe with all of us going over what we saw, we can come up with a reason behind it."